Patchy_125

Aug 2, 2007
Hi, I am racing on tracks With an kx 125 i have pro-tech suspention kits !! When i land i find that my bike bounces to much!! Is it ok ?? or should i play with my rebound.. For hard pack tracks, how should a ajust it. When you turn the screw how many ''clicks'' should i make ??? thanks !!!

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
need more info (weight etc.) try adjusting it it different clicks (on the bottem of the fork) to see what you like or find the recomended specs for your weight, also a dirt rider magazine from the year of your bike will have good info www.dirtrider.com

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
turn it in all the way counting the clicks then go back to where they were at. dont like it try going harder or softer from there get some paper and write down where you are at and keep a journal of your clicks for different areas you ride after awhile you will get some set ups you like same applies for the back shock you have compression and rebound to play with also make sore fork oil is full that effects dampining

Patchy_125

Aug 2, 2007
ok thanks !! I find it too smooth when jumping i am more then half.. For the rear shock would it help since it is to soft if i screw the coil spring ???

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
have you ever set your static and race sag??

hxxp://www.motocross-racing-tips.com/dirt_bike_suspension.html

this is a nice site here lots of helpful tips and a great walk through of sag setup let me know how it goes

note: replace hxxp w/ http

if you do not have a metric tape measure 25 millimeters (25mm) is 0.984252 inches or 1 inch

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
no problem hope they helped im no pro but that is one thing i like to play with as it can make such a dramatic difference I just write everything down so I can see the changes as I progress as a rider or for different terrains I ride.

was your sag incorrect? did it make a difference

when I bought my rm the sag was not set correct and I went on a ride and hated the bike i was so mad i thought the suspension was terrible so I sat down and spent hours adjusting, riding, adjusting, riding ands so on till i got to where im at now. it was night and day

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom