Mx-Tech Enzo sub-tanks WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
I called the Canadian Mx-Tech shop Cycle Improvements that does our suspension regading my son,s 03/125sx.
While on the phone I asked James Hunt about sub-tank technology. He said they were getting some in and would like to get some out for feedback and would set me up with a good deal, the bait was out and the hook was set.
I sent my 520sx caps off and had them installed upon return I raised my oil height to 80mm and set the sub tank adjusters to the middle.
Have you ever gone out on an enduro bike or a bike that has been set up for a really light rider and the suspension is so plush and it feels great until you push it. That is what it feels like with the sub-tanks EXCEPT when you push it, it returns back to great MX suspension!
There was no deflecting off stuff,no dancing or skipping on rutted, choppy hard pack corners. On nice bermed corners it sets and settles in great. Jumping and CASING (if it,s there I will jump it or crash trying) works really great plush and cushy no slamming. I have way more confidence in the front end, than I have had on any other bike.
I did take a couple of turns of rebound out of the forks and am going to change oil height to 70mm. Then start playing with the sub-tank adjusters.
I haven,t had any issues with shock with the addition of the sub-tanks to the forks. But with how well it settles in to corner now I am thinking just a little more sag will make it even better.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds REALLY interesting! Do they have a web site?

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
Woodsy scroll to the bottom of the page,move mouse to the left and click on the mx-tech logo. All your prayers will be answered.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Cappra :when you installed the subs did you do any other mods other than raising the oil height ? let us know?Sounds like a good deal .

Shawn Mc

Apr 8, 2002
Too Tech, has a tank set up now too. I think I like his better though (in theroy) since his uses a check ball that allows the air to come back out of the fork as if there were no control valve so the fork rebounds properly. Also, supposedly, your not supposed to have to blow the oil back out of the bottles everyother moto too.

And his is only 200 bucks too. It sounds really good to me.

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
I know Jeremy bought into the technolgy from Ross Maeda at Enzo. I don't know if the others just copied the technology or took the honorable route like Jeremy and went through Ross to get them.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
well the too tech one don't seem to need to be drained every race or so, the other too do. I'll probably just get Jeremy to re-valve and re-spring my forks and hold off on the tanks

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I'm confused.  The description in Too Tech's site sounds backwards...since jump landings are considered low speed compression, you would want the valve to restrict for low speed and open up for high speed.  Otherwise, on a square edged bump (high speed) it would be too rough.  The web site indicates there is more restriction at high speeds.

???

Last weekend, I felt like the bottoming resistance on my '03 CR must be pretty good when I overheard someone describing how hard you hit on the big jump when you come up just 1 bike length too short...I had done this several times when riding in traffic, and barely noticed the landing at all.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Both jump landings and square edged bumps are controlled in part by, high speed compression damping. They are both considered a high shaft speed condition.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
While I believe that the high speed circuit plays a role here, everything that I have read has indicated that it's mostly low speed.  For example on the shock, the inner clicker (not the outer hex clicker) is the one to adjust for jumps. ???

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
I would consider most jump faces low speed comp, unless its a kicker but then again maybe it depends if you are on the gas or not as you hit the jump face. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom