My 93 RM won't stop smokin

Umm, maybe too rich of pilot jet?

If you are 100% sure its not coolant and not tranny oil then the carb is probably running rich. 0 - 1/8th throttle would be the pilot jet I believe.

Does it hesitate / stumble at all or does it run perfect?

How many kicks to start it?

After riding it for a little bit more, I did notice the tranny fluid was changing color. So there was a mix of coolant. It just took some time to mix into it. When I checked out everything I realized that my impeller oil seal was put in backwards. Thats what happens when you get a bike from someone who doesn't know what there doing.

That wasn't a smart idea to run a rebuilt top end at 14:1 ratio you were actually getting less oil ito your cylinder richening the gas mixer leans your jetting. Luckily with a blown oil seal you may have not damaged your rings or cylinder.

rockers109 said:
That wasn't a smart idea to run a rebuilt top end at 14:1 ratio you were actually getting less oil ito your cylinder richening the gas mixer leans your jetting. Luckily with a blown oil seal you may have not damaged your rings or cylinder.
I was going to comment on that... wait, I am. :bang: Running a ton of oil with gas not only puts more lubrication in the engine, but also (and here's the bad part) leans the motor way out. It's really a catch 22. Run more oil and rejet accordingly for break in or just run it normal and hope for the best? :yikes:

We had a slight head gasket leak on a KDX220. It would use anti-freeze, but I really never noticed any smoke that was irregular. After chasing this leak, both in the crank case (yes, like a dog chasing it's tail) and in the head gaskets, I decided to let it ride. Oh, I will have to note that before we replaced the head gasket, the bike would not idle when hot and I could see where the coolant was entering the cylinder when I pulled it down. After I replaced the head gasket, but it still used coolant, the bike ran great all the time.

14:1 is break in fuel mixture. It does put more oil into the cylinder and lean the bike out. I only ran it in my bike for maybe an hour. So then switched back and after the first 15 mins it was runnin a little rich then went back to normal.