Frostbite204

May 4, 2004
Seems like all the other kids his speed have mx neck braces now. I have no clue where to start everything I've seen is very expensive. I have no qualms about spending the money, I'd just like to know I got the right one. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to buy a chest protector and neck brace combination?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
There is a lot of different opinions on this... really have no advice one way or the other. As an old and slow guy when I rode I didn't feel comfortable with it. However, I now have neck and back injuries due in part from many soil samples when riding then suddenly not riding.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First, good on you for looking for neck protection for the lad and being willing to spend the $$ to protect him. To the best of my knowledge, there's not a secret-best-for-cheap neck brace out there... like most things, especially those that claim to protect, you get what you pay for. This is no piece of gear to look to china (or other knock-off, out of the reach of litigation) for. Riding and racing motocross/off-road can be dangerous (and expensive). We can reduce the potential injury with the right gear and a lot of practice. Neither are cheap.

That being said, I'd default to the innovator, Leatt.

Best of luck and let us know how his career goes!

iammargarette

Aug 2, 2018
I remember how my uncle always tells me to never drive fast when I was a kid, but then there's this urge inside me that I should do it whenever there's nobody around.

Top Bottom