My cr250 double life as a PWC!

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
I went riding down in Ohio this weekend and we went to a state forest that was open to riding. anyway It was ok. It was basically two loops that were all whoops. any way it had rained there saturday and some of the whoops and turns were full of water. Anyway to get to the point I was getting bored with going in the same circles (both loops could be done in 20 min.) I decided to try to hyrdoplane across some of the "puddles" (I might note that I was on the 97 because it was muddy and left the 03 on the trailer) I successfully skimmed a dozen or so small to meduim puddles and decides to go for the biggest "puddle" (about 150 ft long). Well as I hit the puddle I realized I didn't have the speed and about 3/4 way through my bike quit hydroplaning. I found out that the puddle was 4ft deep. at that point my bike was a submarine not a watercraft. :bang:

Some were in my watery dismount I had sense enough to hit the Kill button before the bike was completely submerged. :ohmy:

I walked it back to the truck pulled the air filter and dried every thing out and rode the bike the rest of the day. :ride:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Honda does make PWC ya' know.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I have heard of people skimming accross water, never seen it though, has got to kick ass. That would make a killer pic if you get someone standing in about 4 feet of water and then a bike flying by them. Obviously you would want some distance betweent the two.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…