my first bike '95 xr250r...some ?'s

JoeyM

Jun 30, 2001
first of all, the owner didn't have a title, wrote me a bill of sale...do i really need a title? (im in NJ)
also didn't have the owner's manual, i ordered a haynes repair manual, any other tips i should follow maintenance wise?
any tips to increase performance?
thanks for all the help...from what i have read, looks like a great forum:cool:

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
Yes you need a title. You won't need any performance yet. I would give the bike to a local dealer to check over. I would also run the VIN number to assure it's not stolen.
CRG

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Without a title, you stand the risk of losing the bike and the money you paid for it. This just happened to a freind of mine, purchased an XR400 from a mechanic who claimed he had a 'mechanics lean' on it, and "promised" to process the paper work through the DMV and send him the new title. Never happened, now he cant get a title, and the bike is still registered in the original owners name. Well, the original owner called the cops, and now my friend is out the money and the bike. :(

honda bob

Jun 1, 2001
hey my first full size bike is a 95 XR250R too. worry why worry about the XR they are indistructable probably the most reliable bike on the planet. but you do need a title.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom