bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
My first ride on the TTR125L and only the second day on a dirt bike. I spent the first time taking turns with my son on his XR80. ;) We had an absolute blast and rode all day from about 9am - 5:30pm. The only complaint I have is the plastic side panel melted on the new BBR pipe... OUCH... melted plastic dripped on to my pant leg. I also have very little preload on the BBR shock spring (about one inch of threads exposed) trying to keep the height low, but it bottoms out still, as I'm about 165 lbs.

I think I need the smaller counter gear or larger sprocket. A little more speed would be nice but I dont want to loose the bottom end. This will also make 1st gear a little more useful.

I bogged out on a steep hill climb trying to make it up in 3rd, but I shouldnt have been up there in the first place... FUN going up but scary and loose coming down.

Will the sprocket change and BBR 150 kit w/cam make a big difference? Would you suggest the counter gear or rear sprocket? and what size?

All in all a GREAT day... but we need to find a place we can both ride together. I'm not allowed on the kids track.. 90cc and under only, and its too crazy on the MX track for him. Scary for me too but I had to try a few laps.

I cant think of a better way to spend an afternoon with your kids... fun, exciting, fun, exercise, and FUN.

Hope to see some of you all out there one of these days,

Matt

PICTURES

Last edited:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Doesnt Get Much Better

Bulldog
Sounds like you had a hoot!.........:)
Son and I ride every weekend, although we are just a "bit" west of you... :D

Glad that the TTR is working out to be the scoot that you had hoped........

I can relate with your weekend........Sat. my son and I went out and spent the day chasing each other and then loaded up again today and did it again......
Although today I was on my CR-500........quite the change after riding my WR-250 for a few months......goodness does arm pump come fast with that Warp Machine......
WOOOO HOOOOO....nothing like 65+ HP and a handfull of throttle........wow........:eek:
Enjoy and yes I 100000% agree, doesnt get much better than sharing dirt biking with the kids!!!
be good!
HR

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Bulldog, That takes me back a few years. I remember taking the boy out on a PW 80 and having the coooolist time. Nowdays we still do ...... :) A lot of friends are pretty envious of that. Back to the pipe. You need to put a small spacer under the lower side cover bolt to give the BBR pipe clearence, trim a little plastic off the edge and I used Maier heat tile stuff on the back of the sidecover. BBR should modify the pipe slightly to stop it happening as there is enough space. Try one tooth bigger on the front sprocket. As you get more confident increase the preload on the shock, keep riding and then its engine mod time. If you and the boy keep going look foward to spending lots of time together, spending lots of money together, having the little lady and close friends looking at you like you are a nut as you talk endlesy together about bikes berms, jumps, pipes, carbs, ............:)

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
Let me know where you are going Sunday. my son will be away so I can get away to ride for a few hours. BTW, I need to set the sag on the rear shock to 85mm... where am I supposed to be measuring. Its way too soft now!

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
Adrian... the engine mods are not far off. The new 150 kit and cam from BBR is sitting in my garage as we speak, but I wanted to get a few rides in first. Looks like I will go with the XR200 carb with a 125main jet, and raise the needle on notch. Then they will have the new airbox available soon as well.

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Is that a new airbox from BBR??????

I would love to put the 150 kit in it but we cannot because of class restrictions over here. Sometimes I think I am too honest:think

WhiteGT

May 29, 2001
Hey! I was thinking about getting a TT-R125l. Is there anything I should know about them? I'm looking for my first bike. I am 17 and 6' tall and about 140lbs.

Top Bottom