Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
I dont know how many of you frequent the General Disc. board but if not then I'll tell you know. I just got a 96 KDX 200 last thursday and I am loving it so far. I am having one problem. The bike runs good off the bottom end, but if I get on the gas hard, it bogs down. If I roll on the gas and let it build up slowly, it will rev up more, but it just stops at a fairly low rpm. It has a FMF KG-30 (fatty), boyeson rad valve, old FMF silencer that needs a repack bad, and the airbox is "upgraded from stock" (what the seller told me). I need a service manual, but I think it may be the powervalve is gummed up, or maybe the main jet is clogged.

Any ideas,
Joey

Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
I tried to edit the first post but it wouldnt let me, so here goes:

BTW, in the first sentence, "know" should be now.

Anyway, I dont know what I was thinking, my pipe is a KG-30 (Gnarly not Fatty). And, my silencer is a Turbine Core spark arrested with spooge soaked packing (its really loud).

That should clear it up a bit,
Joey

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Sounds like your main jet could be a little rich.

Take care of the other stuff first, and you will have a much easier time jetting your bike.

Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
Im sure it was probably me. Ive been wanting a bike for so long. I spent many hours on this computer reading reviews, forums, etc.; about alot of bikes. Im glad I got the KDX. Anyway, it does need to be rejetted. I pulled the plug out and it is completely black. The porcelain is black and all. It was a little wet like oil.

I am gonna fix the problems hopefully soon when I get paid (15th).

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
You might be able to lean the bike out for free by dropping the needle a step or two... that would lean the main out. You might try that until you get paid.

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
You might be able to lean the bike out for free by dropping the needle a step or two... that would lean the main out.

???????????????? please explain this

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom