Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Saw the Doc today. He said my neck is now fully fused and I’m “out of the woods” and should have a full recovery. I no longer need my neck brace and I can drive as much as I want. I still need to take it easy as far as riding is concerned and not really ride for a while yet. He said that I will be completely healed after 6 months but I have beaten his fusion prediction so far so I guess I’ll have to see how I feel as time go’s on. He said it would take 3 months to fuse and I did it in 9 weeks! (Operation April 21 and x ray on June 22) I still should not do anything that I can crash at yet. He said that I no longer need to see him, just take it easy for a while. He said “don’t fall down!” I want to Mountain bike but for now I can only ride roads, sand and gravel roads, 2 tracks on the MTB. The bone although fused is still strengthening so I will wait for a while and be happy that I can ride my bike a little, maybe do some pit riding on the mini and keep healing up for now. The more I exercise the faster the bone will heal. I’ve been spinning on the trainer and weight lifting every other day.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Congrats! :cool:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Good to hear you're healed Fred. As for me, I think my fate is sealed. Hang in there as always, for determination overcomes many obstacles.

Young Ted

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
:cool:

Good news buddy!

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Awesome news FredT! I am very happy for you, and I look forward to riding with you agin when you're up to it!
I guess watching all that NASCAR helped, eh? :laugh:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Glad to hear that hickey finally healed up... that neck brace sure beats the ol' toothpaste trick.

... Ya, we'll be riding together at TrailFest! :aj:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Great news! Fred do they have you doing any pt or exercises to strengthen your neck muscles?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
70 marlin said:
Great news! Fred do they have you doing any pt or exercises to strengthen your neck muscles?

I asked the Doc about PT and he said "your head will be all the theropy you need"

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Great news Fred! ;)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Fred T said:
I asked the Doc about PT and he said "your head will be all the theropy you need"

Yea that is a pretty big head to be hoisting around isn't it :nod: :rotfl:

Congrads on the quick recovery :cool:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Outstanding Fred! You will be back in the saddle real soon!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Fred,

Sounds like everything is on track. That is some really good news.

Mully

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Way To Go Freddy T!!

Freddy me boy - you NEVER cease to amaze me!! I go away for one week and come home to the GREATEST news possible - CONGRATS my friend!!!
Oh yea, what say we get together for a little "Horseshoe Lake Physical Therapy"?? :nod:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nzambon said:
I just knew you could do it! Did that padded head board arrive yet. Oh did you get my app?

I think our PR guy, Maurer is handling the apps. remember I want a check in the shade for the LM National. No worries, I hear magoo gets all the good checks.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Great News Fred.

Hope to see you at the next yugo races.

Sparkey

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Fred, that's sweeet, glad to hear everything is working out for ya. By the way, one of the GWG hotties is also a massage therapist. We can set you up at the Loose Moose, you don't even have to sign the waiver, just the GWG application ;)

See ya at the Loose Moose

Top Bottom