silver

May 16, 2006
As some of you know I had a little knee injury while riding.Ya I know don't crash and that won't happen. Any way i have a Partial ACL tear.Dr said exercise it and do what ever I want said I could ride when ever I felt ready but to be careful ( does carefully and Dirt bikes go together). Any one else on here have a partial torn ACL wondering what you did for rehab. I asked Dr about Phisical therepy and he asked me if I needed a hi priced cheerleader. He gave me some exercises to do on my own.Which is just fine with me. Glad for no surgery but still leary about finishing it off completely.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Knee strengthening exercises will help. advil or alieve after ward for swelling. Might want to invest in a set of astrisk knee braces to help support the knee for the season and avoid making the tear worse. Keep it in a neoprene wrap for a while and when exercising to aid in support and keeping it warm while strengthening it.

After the supporting muscles get stronger around it you will probably be good to go. Maintain the exercise for life too to keep it strong. You are young and god news that you are not going to need surgery. PT ain't a bad idea to gt some good exercise experience though....

Not that I have ever had any experience with knee problems..... :|

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Trained for 3 months to do a marathon on May 1st. April 18th tore my MCL and Medial meniscus cartilidge. Like yours not tore all the way just slightly. I was having a lot of pain on the inside of my knee. Doc said it would stop hurting but if I started training again for running ( which I will do) it MIGHT start hurting. He said no way of really knowing. So I opted for the orthoscopic surgery. Absolute peice of cake, could have went back to work the next day. No pain anymore bends fine, feels good. Will try to jog in a couple weeks, still have a couple stictchs. Probably ride on the 23rd of May. Later Jeff

Good luck with your recovery.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
The best things I found (my two partial tears of the same knee come from soccer):

1: Neoprene knee brace;

2: Exercises in the pool;

3: Exercises using stretchy rubber bands attached to your ankle;

4: Once it’s stronger, running up and down a short hill sideways.

Nearly as good as new. I’d guess 95-97% strength in it.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I blew my ACL completely in 1994; and had to have it reconstructed. Then in Dec 2008 I needed maintenance surgery to clip out some scarring that had built up around the reconstructed ACL. Now I am doing jumps and handstands and cartwheels and Tae Kwon Do, with no problems at all.

The object is to build up your muscles around your knee, but do it in such as way as to not inflame the ACL - Slow and easy, consistent strengthening. Bicycling is a great low-impact way to work the knee.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Bike, bike,bike.. lots of band excercises and I do machine leg presses and lunges. Still run, but only on treadmill now.After 8 sugeries and # 9 coming..(Torn ACL, MCL and LCL and only small piece of meniscus left,nothing holding it togather except donjoy brace. Keep muscles around knee strong and don't forget flexibility excercises full range of motion a must.
Good luck Cuz.

Top Bottom