yater

Nov 7, 2003
I rode a new area yesterday with lots of braking and acceleration bumps out of corners. Seven of us were pushing pretty hard (buddy racing) and it was an absolute blast BUT I found the limits of my stock suspension (2000 kdx200). The bike REALLY wonders when I need to be precise (bar to bar with 2 other guys) and kicks all over the place accelerating out of bumpy corners. I'd like to have front and rear revalved for my size and riding. Who can do it relatively cheap? I'd consider the kx front end if it were cost effective.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
do the kdx's have adjustable dampining and compression? if so turn the compression out a couple of clicks and try that. let us know how it worked. :) you could go to racetech.com and order valving kits relativly cheap, you just need to put the stuff in yourself.

nrvs-nelly

Oct 25, 2003
Try this guy for your suspension needs. His name is Gary and does awesome work at reasonable $$.

www.gps-suspension.com

I had a my forks resprung for my weight and revalved with the RAPAD-V system and also had the rear shock serviced all for under 500.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I don't see anything at all mentioned about how the suspension is setup now.

'kicks all over the place..'? And the clickers are set how? Not to what number, but what was the method used to set them?

..and (that being good) when is the last time the shock was serviced?

No reason to buy a bunch of new stuff (unless you just wanna) when the problem is the setting/maintenance of the old stuff........

I service my shock probably every 18 months or so. Each time it's like putting on a new pair of slippers. Aaahhhhh........:)

yater

Nov 7, 2003
The bike has about 400 miles on it. I spent a weekend working with it but at the very least, I think the spring in the rear is too stiff. I've heard complaints about the soft front end from others but at 140lbs, that's not really a problem for me. I've tried everything as far as adjustments go and never got the rear end to settle down. The front roams all over the place at any setting. I'm trying to get closer to the feel of my buddies 300exc fork--very precise

Top Bottom