My wife finally said I can get a new bike!

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
I have wanted a new bike for a few years now. I got a big raise last month and my wife said we can afford one now. BUT thanks to my ex-wife the bank said NO!  I tried Yamaha credit, Honda credit and Kawasaki and the local bank (my wife works at the bank) they all said NO. I gave my ex-wife my house, then she turned around and gave it back to the bank before we where official divorced. She also suckered me into filling bankruptcy.  YEP I got screwed.....................Sorry I just had to vent.  Yeah I know I should have never gave in, but I didn't want her moving away with my kids. There is more to it then that but you get the idea......................think before you sign!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have always tried to keep in mind that what comes around goes around and that my ex, being the miserable skank that she is, will get hers in the end. Hopefully literally. :)

Keep your head up.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Try a local Credit union for a bike loan, they do lots of 'em usually, or try
dubdubdub.peoplefirst.com. it also helps to have a little jingle in hand before trying any of them.

Good Luck!!!!

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
This is not a good time to ask my Mom, my Dad died 3 months and my mom is kind of broke. I am not having the best luck this year; my stepsister and my wife’s grandpa also died this year.

I will start saving for a new bike. cash is better anyways. Something to look forward to I guess.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
cmott,

Just remember, no matter how bad it seems, it could be worse. I mean you could still be married to your first wife..... :silly:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Farmer John
cmott,

Just remember, no matter how bad it seems, it could be worse. I mean you could still be married to your first wife..... :silly:

TAKE THAT BACK, FARMER JOHN! :scream: A cold chill just went down my spine!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
He went right for the juggler! He speaks like he rides.;):) Here's a thought, you can borrow off your retirement, if you have one. Pretty low payments, no qualifying because it's your own money and it doesn't appear on nor do they look at your credit. Just a thought.;)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Here's a thought, you can borrow off your retirement, if you have one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you are taxed for money taken out of your retirement fund. I'd check with your CPA or one on here first.

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by Farmer John
cmott,

You got that right! :thumb:

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

As far as the 401K goes,&nbsp;I don't have that much in it.

&nbsp;

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
savin up and payin cash is always a great option if feasible.

Not to start a new flame forum but the only time I ever bought a bike on payments, that particular bike was stolen. Crap happens I guess but anyway it hurt every 15th of the month real bad for awhiles. I could only imagine how nasty I would be if I had to do some fancy tap dancing and hoop jumping for financing on top of it because of an exwife.

If you can pay cash if worse comes to worse you can always just walk away from it. It will hurt like hell probably but atleast you won't have to pay for a monthly reminder

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
When I was about 12, we got new neighbours. The woman was a witch. She got her partner to sign some papers, telling him that it was house insurance or something dumb & then as soon as her divorce came through (her husband & her were only separated), kicked her partner out, as he'd signed the house over to her. Read before you sign.
Just thinking about it, it does seem like the guys get dicked over more often than women. But not all women are like that, thankfully.
It also makes me wonder why you guys get together with some of your ex-wives, surely they don't change that much? You also need to look at how they've treated their ex-partners, if they've dicked them over, they'll dick you over too.
If you spoke to my ex-partner, he'd probably say I dicked him over (his sister accused me of it), but considering he got the house, the cat, nearly all the furniture, I still don't think I did. Okay, I took things like the cutlery, the crockery (leaving him 2 plates etc), the pictures and a bit of furniture, I think I just made the house seem less like a home. I don't think he could honestly complain how I treated him, especially as he went out the following week & bought a new bike (road).
Three sides to every story - his, hers & the truth.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
thats why you should never get divorced, schedule a accident :p :laugh:
get her the new CR 500 with the sticky throttle, take her on one of the Utah canyon tours and your set :thumb:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you are taxed for money taken out of your retirement fund. I'd check with your CPA or one on here first.

That is only if you take it out. If you borrow against it, our 401K has that option, you pay yourself back interest on what you borrowed. The money is not taxed unless you quite or get fired. If you do you have to pay the tax on what you owe the 401K.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Be careful with the 401K thing. There are good and bad points. The best part is that you generally have to repay the loan with interest, but you are paying the interest to yourself and thus building up your 401K. The bad thingais the borrowed money isn't earning any returns. Some people say never take the money out, but I look at it like this: if you are going to borrow the money anyway and the 401K is earning less than the interest you are going to pay back into it, it's a win. With the way the markets are, borrowing from your 401K is probably a smart thing. Five years ago, borrowing from a 401K was just a bad, bad decision.

Top Bottom