Dec 9, 2004
Hey everyone,
Thank's so much for all this great info!! I am new to dirt bikes and to this website as of month and a half ago. After finding a great deal on a 03' 220 kdx and finding this website, I just keep on spending money, and my wife loves it :|
After riding the first couple weeks and not killing myself I decieded I needed more power :laugh:
So, thanks to you guys I keep draining the bank account, becaues I cant live with out this stuff!!!
I got FMF rev pip, power core II silencer, DF3 reeds, RB Carb mod (Ron is the BEST!!!),threw the air lid, bought new jets and re-jetted(anyone who reads this, it really is a must), Trail Tech speedometer/computer, made new dog bones to lower my suspension(I'm 5.7), went to a BR8EG plug.
On the way is a Wiseco piston, so I don't fry my new hot rod (was going to have the head shaved, but can't stand to have any more down time on the bike right know, will do it when I throw another piston in.)
So, I get to do my first top end, little scared, but looking forward to it. Just like jetting was scared to death, put worked out fine with all the info on this site.(You just gotta read!!)
And of course there is another 100 things I got to do to the bike, but all in good time.
Again, thanks to all of you, who put up with the newbies, your info is really appreciated.
And does anyone know how to make the Wife Happy? :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Yeah, get her a bike or diamonds ;)
Diamonds she can show off & have 5 seconds of pleasure, a bike is for a lot longer.
Then again, if she's the real domesticated type, maybe a new stove or something for the house. Oh, a new weedwhacker's a good one ;)
glad you're enjoying the bike - don't forget to go ride sometimes :)

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
You can always make her a member of the site too, that way she can learn more about the whole riding thing.

Take her riding w/ you so she can see the smile on your face, and if that does'nt work...diamonds are great!!!!! ;)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I don't see any problem :)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'shaving the head'

Don't do it.

If you are going to do anything to the head, have it reconfigured by the same guy that did your carb.

Ron changes the squish band...he doesn't just 'shave' the head.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Tell the wife its your hobby and if she has a hobby, you would support that. I'm gnarly's wife and I can tell you, I probably felt just like her. He's was constantly with the bikes, buying new things and being on this website. For me to understand I started to check out the website, read some of the more interesting ones and even reply under gnarlys name. I sometimes go riding with them or at least sit there and watch (we have 2 boys that are into it). I've gone to two dirtweeks so far and had a great time. The people are wonderful on this site. Right guys?!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Kwakasaki said:
As Ron White would say ............ Diamonds, that will shut her up!

:bang: Don't you know what the tire to diamond exchange rate is :coocoo: ;)

03KDXHOPPER

Nov 23, 2004
If you get your wife a bike and teach her how to enjoy it, chances are you'll have a great hobby to pursue together.

Don't rebel too much at one time, or you'll be sleeping on the sofa.
Diamonds or bike...I say bike!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I say get her a bike ... but the thing is you have to make her think that it is HER idea.

Maybe take her to the bike shop with you next time you go and have her sit on a few of the bikes there. Or if you have friends who ride take your wife along and make her a part of it. She is your wife and sharing a hobby can be a very rewarding thing for you two. :cool:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
A CZ is the answer. No sense spending good modification money on something as silly as a rock! She'll never know the difference.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom