fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I know many of you received an email last week with the announcement from the AMA, but I wanted to make sure that my MTR friends were aware of this operation.
NEPG is looking to improve and promote the National Enduro Series. Alan Randt is involved and I think the Harrison event will be a preview of future National enduros....closed course, more sponsors, more spectator spots = more excitement and participation in these events.
Another element of the enhanced program will be closed course youth events (I wonder who might be involved) for the next generation. There will not be a family enduro at Harrison this year, but I am certain there will be in 2007.
NEPG will be gathering comments from riders and clubs on how to improve the series. If you have any suggestions, please post them.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Mike, How is this "Closed Course" designation going to pan out considering enduros (e.g. Harrison) are typically strung together using road connectors? Will a road license not be required? Do you expect this new strategy will be adopted by all the D14 enduros or just nationals?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Harrison was considered to be a closed course event. The club received a variance from the county commissioners and county sheriff to use the roads. A conservation officer did not get the message and pulled a couple of guys over for riding on the road, but it was a minor issue.
This format is only for the nationals. The local events will not be required to go to this format and the traditional enduro checking system will be available.
It was nice to see some of the GNCC guys at Harrison and they were there due to the new format.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
fatherandson said:
Harrison was considered to be a closed course event. The club received a variance from the county commissioners and county sheriff to use the roads. A conservation officer did not get the message and pulled a couple of guys over for riding on the road, but it was a minor issue.
This format is only for the nationals. The local events will not be required to go to this format and the traditional enduro checking system will be available.
It was nice to see some of the GNCC guys at Harrison and they were there due to the new format.
Heh, none of the GNCC guys were at Marquette even though everyone knew it would be using the restart format.
I guess only the REAL enduro riders showed up for the Loose Moose! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom