firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
bbbom said:
Sorry to hear about the layoff Firecracker, I'll let you know if I hear of anything.:

I'm looking forward to collecting unemployment while I look for a REAL job, no more of this unskilled labor crap. It's demoralizing.

bbbom said:
The TLR isn't bad, at least it has a seat! :thumb:

Um, yeah, I guess it's ok. I've ridden it, remember? I'm just too tall. Hurts my knees.

I guess have the DT too. <shudder> No, wait, I'd rather walk.

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
blackhawk468 said:
I would get some good protective equipment and enroll in a mx or riding school as a family.

Have you ever heard of a Dirt Bike Riding School? would love to send my son and wife to one if at all possible,

mx-nurse

Mar 28, 2004
undefined
GETMETOCA said:
Ironworker, Debbie Mathews holds a great MX school at Hollister regularly. I attended it and got a lot out of it. Its not just for women, young riders and new riders male and female were in my class. Here's a link.

http://www.dmsports-wsmx.com/hiddensite-enter03.htm

Getmetoca,

Hey, thanks for all the info and support. Great site! Richard is a little protective of me - I was surprised that he went to all this trouble -- a great guy!.. I'm really excited about the link you gave me--can't wait!! Just have to put in a bit of overtime and we'll plan to go back to Hollister.
I use to ride horses so I'm use to busting myself up, it was just a little intimidating to ride a bike for the first time and I just wanted to do the trails like my guys -- not be stuck in the dumb parking lot. So, the school idea sounds perfect -- I'd love to show them I can keep up without them worrying 24/7 (Yup, my son worrys too). It's a great sport -- never knew about it till I met Richard. I've been missing alot.

And OMG you're bruise - hope that looks worse than it felt. Hope you're back out soon -- Debby

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
MX-Nurse, glad to see you are posting! And glad that I could help. There are also other classes, like the Oregon Ladies Ride school, but I do not think it is being held this year. But, man that was a blast!! I went two years in a row, and that's where I initially met all the friends I ride with. ALso, Dave Woods, a local D-36 AA Enduro rider, holds classes, but they are extremely intense. :eek:

I will keep you posted on fun rides in the future. My arm's no longer bruised and the bone has almost healed, I actually rode my bike around the block for the first time in 6 weeks yesterday, and THAT WAS FUN! Just pulled a little on the arm and it was difficult to put the bike back up because I've lost a lot of strenghth in the right arm.

Best wishes, and I think its awsome what a supportive husband you have :thumb:

BlasterBabe03

Mar 29, 2004
My buddy has real bad knees too, she has had countless surgries, and she is still riding, however is rides a four-wheeler. I ride both bikes and quads, and i must say, the quad is a little more forgiving on your knees. Unless you hit a bunch of whoops, then either way your screwed. But if your wife really wants to keep riding with you guys, maybe consider trading her bike in for a quad. It worked for my friend. best of luck either way.

Top Bottom