Need help from New Englander's, street legal KDX

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Hello, havent been around for a while, good to be back. I have a question for you guy's from the New England states, a buddy of mine is currently rebuilding a 96 KDX 200 and wants to make it street legal, have any of you guy's done this yet and if so how did you go doing it. He lives in Maine, I have heard that doing this in NH is quite easy, anything in ME?

Thanks, Bob

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
teton is that really u lol.where ya been? my ny kdx has a street plate....in ny that was not easy ny sucks the dmv is just one reason on my list .my bike came from NJ with a standard title,ny tried to give me a atv plate but i didn't give up.it's gotta b easier anyplace but here.i heard something too not sure if it was NH or VT ? good luck

lpracing77

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2002
If you just want to put a plate on the bike you can call info and get the phone number for the Vermont DMV in Montpelier. They will send all the forms needed to register the bike in VT right to your house. If the bike is under 300cc you don't even need a title! ! ! Just a copy of the bill of sale ! ! ! Fill out all the items on the form for a new registration and send it in. You will have to pay sales tax however. This is easy and legal. The VT DMV will send the plate to your house in your home state and all renewals as well. If you ever go to an enduro in the northeast (NETRA) you will see a ton of bikes with VT tags. I have used this method of getting bikes registered several times myself. However, I would not ride around town like it's your daily commuter unless you put a street legal kit on it like Baja's. Good luck!

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Thanks guy's for the solid advice, sorry Im repling so late, I just get lazy sometimes.

Gooby, its good to here from you! Because of my injury I might have to switch to riding a quad, I know, there for guy's who cant ride bikes, unless something changes with my ankle thou, that might be the only riding I get :scream:

Anyway, I still have the lil DX, and Im not selling it yet, it just has been running through my head.

This info will help my bud out alot, thanks again all !! :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom