myfirst125

Jun 10, 2007
Just had my engine overhauled for a 1994 cr125. After the cases were put back together for replacing the crank bearings, and crank (basic bottom end), two things seem to have gone a little wrong.

1. The crank shaft is very tight as you wind it through its revolutions. It is alot tighter to turn than the old crank before being replaced. Any thoughts, or is this normal.

2. Biggest problem is with the right side crank shaft. After the cases were put back together, the collar that goes on right before the main drive gear does not fit correctly. It will go as far as the teeth on the shaft, but then hits a lip. So it cannot go any further. It slides perfectly onto the old crankshaft, but encounters this problem on the new one. I am guessing this lip should not be there, correct? It is a wiseco crank, brand new. What do you think is going on?

Now I have to pay extra time to get the cases split again, and have a new crank put in if this is the case. Hopefully the company that I bought the bottom/top end rebuild kit can work with me on this because I do not know what to do.

Pics will come shortly if I can muster them up.

GoT_GreeN

Jun 17, 2007
#1; If something doesn't fit correctly, don't put it together.
Make sure the crank they sent you is the correct crank for the year model bike you have. Also check your vin # to assure
that the bike is infact a 94, if the honda site is like the kawi site it should have a place to type it in and get info.

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I agree 100% with got green. If it wont fit you cant force it. It sounds to me like you either have the wrong crank or someone has done some mods to the engine before you owned it, meaning it may not be the engine you think it is. Is that a possability?

myfirst125

Jun 10, 2007
turns out the wiseco crank was made poorly. I took a micrometer to the shafts and the diameter was a few microns larger than spec sizes. believe me those few microns can make a huge difference, and during production it was milled wrong. I spoke to wiseco directly and we went over everything. they are replacing the crank with another one. lets hope this one is good.

also i checked the stamping on the motor and it is indeed a 94. and since Everything but transmission is being replaced, everything should fit like a glove

Top Bottom