Need jetting help for LA sleeve 240cc big bore kit

gasman

Nov 27, 2000
My 1983 KDX 200 cylinder was beyond the wear limits so I purchased an LA Sleeve 240 cc big bore kit. I can't get it jetted correctly. The midrange seems flat. The manufacturer was not a whole lot of help on narrowing down the carb size and settings so I would like to ask all our KDX dudes if anyone has any experience with the 240 kit and any recommendations for proper carb/jetting set up. Please respond directly to me via e mail.

Thanks,
Larry Kuhn
coon123@pol.net

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I had an LA Sleeve 240 in my '84. They recommended jetting that was WAY too rich. I ended up with stock main, with a slightly richer needle jet. Think of it this way - the bike sucks in harder on each intake stroke, so even though the jet size is the same as the 200, it's getting more fuel. I would start out slightly richer than stock just to be on the safe side, but there's no need to make a huge jump, IMO.

The '83-85 are the same except for some minor changes.

After getting it jetted, the '84 240 had killer low end but would not rev out like a stocker. It also got a lot more thirsty.

gasman

Nov 27, 2000
They do make a big bore kit for the '85. E mail me and I will give you my input. I may even be able to help you in getting a 240 kit with minimal pain.
Let me know if you would like to sell your KDX.
coon123@pol.net

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Thanx, but i dont know if i want to put a big bore in and ruin the top end as Dave had exlained.. Its a nice little KDX... Its in the readers rides on page 10... And im sorry I dont wanna sell it,, And not to rub it in but i have 2 of them.. I just bought a 96 KDX 200 and it is a super nice bike...But i cant sell any of it!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom