99KDX220

Jul 11, 2004
Ok guys Im new to the forms so this is my first post. I own a 99 kdx 220 with pro circuit exhaust and silencer, uni air filter and boysen carbon fiber reeds. I Still have stock carb but i rejetted it. Im still looking for more power. My buddy has a 2004 yz 125 all built up and I beat him but barely. I need somre mods or suspension help, any one out there know any shops that will help me out? :bang: Any info would be great Plz help me make the bike live :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This should be in the KDX forum. Moved.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
There is not too much more you can do. The only other things I can think of engine wise is a big bore kit and port/polish the things they do.

For suspension... Go to Race Tech's website, and use their suspension calculator thingy, and figure out which ones you need for your weight. Then buy them through Jeff Freddette. (MUCH CHEAPER through him) www.frpoffroad.com

Good Luck :aj: :aj:

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
My mate has an 04 yz125 also BUT there is no where he can pass me except on 60+ foot jumps. Ive got him beat in the take off, in the straight aways and in the tight stuff. Ive only re-jetted, FMF pipe + silencer, v-force 2 and tossed airbox lid. The YZ has been re-jetted, FMF pipe + silencer and v-force 2.
If he were a better rider he would get me in whoop sections but he doesnt YET... lol :eek:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'There is not too much more you can do.'

That is obviously not correct. Consider the source.

The part (one of 'em) I wonder about is, '..any shops that will help me out?'

If you are paying someone to modify your bike you must have more money than...well most anything else.

Please do accept the fact that a kdx is not a yz-anything. It's not a 125-anything, either. Chances are pretty good that your bike shouldn't have any problem waxing a 125 in the woods....where the kdx is designed to be used. But then, chase a 125-riding Chad Bitz (enter any excellent biker's name you wish) thru the woods and it won't matter what you do to your kdx. You won't even smell his smoke.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Fredette porting! Most bang for the buck other than suspension! 708-946-0999 call before 9am cst

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom