johnny savage

Feb 13, 2007
Like the Title says... I took a spill and bent the hell out of my handle bars. Any suggestions? What brands should I stay away from? Hi, mid or low rise? I am completely new to the sport and any info would be very helpful. I was thinking of going with some pro-taper. Oh by the way the bike is a CRF230F and I do all trail riding so I want something very durable. Thanks

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I really like the Yamaha/McGrath/Reed bend. If you're of average height these are popular and comfortable bars. (if you're tall, go with a taller bar and vice versa) If you were comfortable with the stock bend, you can most likely find them in a popular alum bar. I've always been pleased with Renthal's 7/8" bars. You will find them cheaper than oversized bars because you don't have to change the top triple clamp/mounting system. Check out Renthal's site, you can find your Honda's bend type, and then choose that or something different (they give full info on each bars rise, sweep, width etc. I have found NOT crashing to be very cost effective. :laugh:

johnny savage

Feb 13, 2007
flyingfuzzball said:
i just get normal stock honda.

they are tough enough for me but i dont fall often

knock on wood

uh oh... do I feel a spill coming? LOL thanks everyone

by the way I was thinking about 7/8 Pro-Taper's any good info?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I personally run the Pro Taper SE's, awesome bars, very durable, and fit in the stock clamps. :cool:

psustang89

Jun 22, 2006
I agree with the Pro Taper SE's (7/8" bars). Definitely cost effective with the Pro Taper quality. I did manage to bend a pair of SE's ever so slightly, but that was one hellacious wreck and I was VERY impressed that they were only tweaked that little bit. Got my Reed bend SE's new on **** for $40 and mount them way forward. $40 sure beats the price of the heavy bars with new mounts!

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
I ride with Pro taper contour bars.

flyingfuzzball said:
i just get normal stock honda.

they are tough enough for me but i dont fall often

knock on wood
Holy crap, I bent mine like the first day I had them

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
one hard fall would bend them. You dont want to drive 3 hours to a riding area and fall and bend your bars enough that you can't ride.

Top Bottom