Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
I'm not interested in riding tracks, so that said, are there enough trails there to explore for a full day? Trying to decide if it's worth a trip from Amarillo. I'm trying to come up with some places within 5 or 6 hrs from home that we can ride when we're snowed in here.

Anyone know of or have any links to some pictures of the place?

Thanks,
Derek

jblefty

Aug 16, 2001
This may be a little late, but... Rocky ridge is a nice place to ride but mainly trails. There are some roads and open areas to ride but not really more than a days worth.
You need to go to Muenster (Bulcher). It's between wichita falls and gainsville and you can ride there all weekend and not ride all the trails. It does have alot of single track trails but also trails wide enough for 4 wheelers and open areas. Riding down the creek to the Red River is always a blast. My favorite place to ride and I'm in Mdland.

JB

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
From Amarillo I wouldn't even think about Rocky Ridge. It's a fun littll place to go for something different but for the drive from Amarillo, Muenster is where you want to go.For roughly $10 you get the best, not some of the best, but [the] best riding in North Texas. If you go, be sure to use caution because you can find yourself miles away from camp with no gas and can get lost if you go deep. I wouldn't recommend Bills Woods to anyone who hasn't ridden the area though at least a few times and without a good leader, nor by yourself.

Top Bottom