Need some help from whoever is in charge of this forum

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Hello,

I'm a member of about 6 motorcycle forums (both paid and unpaid subscriptions) and out of all of them this is the only site that I'm not getting any email notifications from. I went through my user cp several times now to make sure I have everything set up right but still nothing.

I don't get emai notifications to the topics I subscribe to.

I do not get any email notifications whenever I have a new private message.

Nothing. Is there anyone on this website that can help me out? Mully said this is not his dept. Okie said he looked into it and "his works fine" and then just kind of left it at that. Is there anyone that can follow through and help me out with this? Any other admins or owners of the dirtrider.net forum? Anyone else having this problem? I'm running out of ideas here.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Scratch

May 10, 2005
I'll come back periodically and check on this topic since I won't get an email when someone replies even though I'm signed up for "instant email notification".

Just double checked and I subscribe to 8 motorcycle forums, both dirt and street/racing etc. Out of those this is the only one I'm not getting emails from.

:|

B

biglou

Well, you've got all the right boxes checked, but it's not working. All I can suggest is clearing cookies, logging back in and see what happens after that. Maybe a browser issue? I don't know...

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Well that's the thing. I clear the cookies and delete temp files on a regular basis. Browser is working just fine. I dunno....???

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think I'm in charge... last time I checked.

When you go to reply, do you typically use the quick reply?
If you post using the regular reply screen, what does it say below in the Additinal Options box about Thread subscription?
Try posting that way and make sure to select Instant Email Notification.

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Okiewan said:
I think I'm in charge... last time I checked.

When you go to reply, do you typically use the quick reply?
If you post using the regular reply screen, what does it say below in the Additinal Options box about Thread subscription?
Try posting that way and make sure to select Instant Email Notification.

Never use the quick reply. For thread subscription in the little box it states "instant email notification". Only reason I'm coming back to this thread is because I'm periodically checking in, there's been nothing in my email inbox.

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Ok now clicked reply and it came back as "instant email notification" so it is set to default. Is there any way to check this stuff internally to see if the server is sending me notification emails? To see if it's at least attempting to do so?

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Should we try deleting then re-instating my account? Just trying to think of some options?

Any ideas appreciated.

*edit*= still nothing in my email inbox for this thread...... :bang:

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Nope, still nothing. No mail filters that I know of..

Again all other emails are getting through from other forums etc..

This is very confusing

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Still waiting, got my email opened up and hitting send/recieve periodically.

Why would my isp randomly choose which websites to block emails from and how would I check into something like that?

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Any of you guys want to try to just send me a regular email using your drn email account? See if that even works?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If someone reported DRN as being a spammer, they can easily block email generated from DRN's server. It doesn't take much to get on a blacklist, specially with spammers faking headers (as if the email actually came from DRN, I get them all the time, telling me my account is being disabled, lol).

I sent an email from your profile to you, did you get it?

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Okiewan said:
I'll send another from my mail client now, then another one from another email account on the same server, but not DRN. Let me know if you get either.

Not a one email from anywhere......

Just checked and I have NO blocked senders in my email tools thing, never had a reason to block anyone or any site..

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Figured... your isp has blocked Dirtrider.net... here is the return receipt (failed)

SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<bvo@dirtrider.net> SIZE=1952:
host gateway.mchsi.com [204.127.203.150]: 550-67.19.32.100 blocked by blacklist.sequoia.ops.asp.att.net
550 Blocked for abuse. Please contact the administrator of your ISP or sending mail service.

It's never going to work unless you have them remove us.

Just an FYI: DRN NEVER spams. We NEVER give out email addresses.

Top Bottom