Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Wilson

Jun 11, 2009
I’m looking for some legal help. My two sons and I were riding the trails at Theodore in April and my son was coming around a corner on his KX250f and a Sheriff on a four wheeler was coming the other way and the Sheriff jump off his ATV and tackled my son off his bike. We have been riding out there for a decade and never seen any police and my son thought they were just guys on four wheelers and he was trying to go around them in 2nd gear. So about a month later we get a ticket in the mail stating he was eluding the Sheriff. If any one has any legal advice I would appreciate some help. Thanks Terry Wilson 251-422-2747

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Why was the sheriff stopping him in the first place?

My best advice is to not take legal advice from people on a forum!

It appears to me that there is a lot of information missing here. I just have a hard time visualizing the sequence of events that has a kid rounding a corner, a sheriff having the time to recognize a violation and then get off his quad and tackle a rider. Something just doesn't add up here.

If there is validity to your statement that your son didn't realize it was a sheriff then I would just go to court and explain the situation to the judge. If this is just a citation then I would expect the judge to throw it out or at least reduce the fine. Was there any other citation other than eluding?

How old is your son?

If the fine is hefty or it is more than a citation then get yourself a real lawyer.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom