Need some help from whoever is in charge of this forum

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Call them and ask that he be removed... doubtful.
Get another ISP.

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Okiewan said:
Call them and ask that he be removed... doubtful.
Get another ISP.

You're joking about getting another ISP right?

What exactly do I say to them when I get them on the phone? To remove DRN from a spam/block list or something?

Great, this is gonna be fun.

Scratch

May 10, 2005
Well ok, you were right, I'm pretty much screwed. She was speaking all kinds of mumbo-jumbo but the point of it was something to the effect of this site not being hosted by a domain or privately hosted or something like that? Anyway she said I could try contacting a few places like AT&T etc. and try to get it removed but it could be a PITA and a waste of time. So I guess I'll just check threads and PM's the old fashioned way and hunt around for them.

Thanks for trying, sucks that it has to be this way. I know the R1-forum has a bazillion members and they don't get spam blocked or anything so can't really figure out why they would single you guys out. Oh well.

:blah:

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Okiewan - I'm a webmaster of a very large forum and deal with these issues all the time (anti-spam blocking email notifications). One problem that I see you have that will get notifications blocked by many ISP's is that you have no reverse DNS entry for this IP address. Your IP is 67.19.32.101 and if you do a reverse DNS lookup on that IP it resolves to theplanet.com - which is probably your hosting facility. Many ISP's anti-spam software do reverse DNS lookups to be sure that the domain name and the IP address match and if it doesn't it flags it as SPAM. You should be able to contact your host faclity or provider and ask them to create a reverse DNS entry for that IP to point to your domain name and it should be resolved within a day or so.

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Hell yeah, I wanna know too. I just read throught 4 pages of worthless crap to find NOTHING at the end. I want those 5 min of my life back. Should I call my ISP and tell them they owe ME for the 5 min I spent reading this? :rotfl:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
And another thing. I'm gonna sit here hitting refresh every 5 seconds until someone lets me know how this all was resolved.
:nener:

Top Bottom