Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I really want to learn how to work on my bike. It just kills me to think the most technical thing I do is ajust the chain:uh:. How do I learn without totaly distroying my bike. Any books, classes, tapes, ect.?

PAINFULRM

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2002
 I was allways terified of the same thing, but i went out and bought a manual and just dove in head first.

2 strokes are much easier 2 start with, clymer online has good deals and very descriptive and good pics.

dont get me wrong im still learning every time i work on it.

if all else fails come back here good luck.:thumb:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Buy a detailed shop manual. It'll have all the specs and how Part A goes into Part B. This site fills in all the gaps the shop manual doesn't cover. You can gain a ton of info just by reading and searching through the posts here. Greatly reduces the knowledge/experience curve, and it'll save you a lot of time and money in the process!

Get a shop manual from Honda, and read Eric Gorr's book.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
RedRider,

Eric's book is worth its' weight in gold! I was in the same position as you 2 years ago. My "new to me" 92 CR250 suffered a bottom end meltdown 45 min. into my first ride! Determined not to patronize my local dealer, I went hunting online for "how to" information.... Found this site which led me to Eric's book. Along with a Honda shop manual and tons of patients, I fumbled my way thru the whole rebuild. I broke the shift drum and the clutch basket in the process. (Hamfistedness !!) But, the knowledge & confidence, (not to mention not having to dole out cash to my local dealer) gained throughout the process made it well worth it. Have faith in yourself and give it a go. :thumb:

T

Eric Gorrs Book (click)

Honda Service Manual 95-02 CR80 (click)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom