ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
where r they

i saw 2 reviews and need a new lid. cant find them online or anywhere. any body seen them for sale

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
So, still no one here has tried them out?

I want a new helmet for less than $400 max or so, and this is one of the ones I am interested in.

Thanks,
Phil

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Well I get them cheaper than that from central alabama motorsports. But I wan't looking for a price, I was looking for the opinion of someone that has one.

Phil

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I'v always worn Arai dirt helmets and Shoei street helmets. After reading some good reviews (and finding a great deal) I decided to try a M2R Rev-X team helmet. It is far better than a cheep thermoplastic HJC that came with a bike I bought but not quite as nice as my Arai.

The good:
The weight and shell construction is similar (To my Arai VX-Pro), the liner is removeable, venting seems ok.

The bad: The liner is not as cushy or comfortable as the Arai, though certainly acceptable. The graphics are a little goofy looking IMHO, the stripes on the visor don't even come close to lineing up with thoes on the helmet. The visor mounting screws are knurled and don't have a slot which led to to think it woudl be a tool free afair to adjust the visor height. This is not so, it is impossible to get the scews tight enough to keep the visor from flopping around by hand, so I used some pliers on the knurled screw. I intend to cut a slot in the screw so as to be able to use a screw driver to tighten it.

Overall, its an ok helmet at a fantastic price. For the price range there is no competition, if money is no concern I would recomend the Arai VX-Pro.

Sorry, I have not tried the Thor helmet.

good luck

btw, I got the m2r at bob's for 69.99:) - msrp is $200 (which I think is a very good price for this nice helmet - my arai was more than twice that).

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
anybody own one yet?????????

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
They just released if I'm not mistaken... give it a little time.

Top Bottom