KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
How long are to wait before changing your air filter. im sure opinions vary one this, but are there general guidelines? I clean and reoil every 2 rides unless really dusty out so It seems to be in good shape?

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
I think the big thing to look out for are tears or deterioration in the material. If you are able to get all the crud out, and the seams are good with no splits forming, I'd say its good.

Quailchaser

Jan 30, 2004
95% of the bikes we service that come in with grenaded engines are air filter maintenance related. If it's really dusty like most of the time here in AZ, clean it after each ride. I would recommend cleaning your filter at least every two or three rides in less severe conditions. Much cheaper to clean your filter often than repairing the bottom end of you engine.

It's best to have 2 or 3 filters. That way you always (in theory) have one clean and dry ready for the next change. When installing your filter, always run your fingers around the base to make sure it's seated in to the intake boot all the way around. Also, as stated by Colorado Mike: "look out for are tears or deterioration in the material" each time you clean the filter. Replace if your in any doubt.

Later
Robb

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
I can tell you, my stock air filter fell apart after two cleanings! The filter itself was ok but the foam part that sits against the airbox had two tears in it. Inspect your filter closely, a small tear is all it takes to suck in enough dirt to destroy a motor in a short ride.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I went on race ready's website, and they didn't list an applications for KDX, will something else fit? I emailed them requesting info, but I never heard back.

KDXFORU

Feb 10, 2005
Zerotact, if you hear back from RR please let me know I went to their site also and saw no KDX listed :bang: Its only the best bike on the market why wouldnt they have me a filter. :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom