BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I have a 02 KDX 200 and was looking at replacing the stock bars and was wondering what a good bar would be to use. I also have Acerbis Rally Pro Handguards and really don't want to order a new mounting kit and would like to use stock triple clamp if possible.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Everyone has their favorite type.

Whatever bar you end up with...if you keep the standard diameter (keep your stock stuff, as you say), you need a single piece top clamp.

FRP sells 'em. That will keep whatever std. bar you put on straighter longer.

My renthals weren't horribly expensive, were a simple bolt on and have lasted quite well. DeMarinis sure are cute;), and lifetime guaranteed against breakage. Ha!...they'll BEND...but you won't be BREAKING them. Big whup!

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Tag X5 is my choice. They are very strong, pretty affordable and fit the stock 7/8" clamp. I have the cr hi bend and frp one piece top clamp.
Lew

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
I've got the Tag X5 CR Hi bend like a lot of others here. They are about 31 1/4 inches, 797mm, which is a little narrower than most.

I cut them down to 30 inches and now don't have room for my controls. My front brake perch is now forced to mount at the start of the bend, creating an odd pull angle. Guess I should have measured a little more closely.

I don't know of any body who makes a woods specific, i.e., narrow bar for 7/8" mounts. ProTaper makes an oversized enduro bar that is 30.5 inches stock. The best part is it's reduced width came from making the mounting section narrow and not just lopping off the bar ends and giving it a new name.

This gives you plenty of room for your controls, enough to mount them pretty far in for less brake and clutch handle "pull" fatigue.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Ouch,, i do alot of cutting when i work and rule of thumb is "Measure twice, cut once!!" Theres no room for error... But theres always that sayin' "Crap Happens!!" :)

Top Bottom