RECENT POSTS

New BIke?

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
6,0 150lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
7/10
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
woods fields friends sandpits
4) Do you have any riding experience?
honda xr80 and yamaha 125 dt 83
5) Do you think you will race ?
maybe just friends
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
some
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
dont matter
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Yamaha Honda Kawasaki and others
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) Do you live in California?
no
11) Your age?
17 almost 18
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
i dont no if i should just use the yamaha 125 dt but i mean it is a 83

I tried many bikes but not too much experiance, I'm almost the same in terms of age-weight-height..but I'm quite agressive :laugh:

I'll probably(98%) get a Kawasaki KX125 on this saturday, if I like it I will tell you.. I love light bikes, it's much more fun than the heavier ones. The bad thing is that they have bad low-end power and they're not durable to sustained high rpm ridings. But I think that wouldnt be a problem, just shift up and that's it ;)

I dont know much about bikes right now but I asked a few weeks ago and i was suggested a 125 2 stroke or a 250f. Brand does not really matter they said. I am exactly the same height and weight as you but I am younger. The 2 stroke 125 will be cheaper than the 250 and it will make you a better rider.

capitancrack, i third the 125 2 stroke suggestion. I think you would like it much more thn your DT in the suspension department and top end area, but the bottom end is scares. Just dont fall off the pipe.