00CR125

Sep 9, 2002
Hey everyone! I just got a 00 CR 125. I picked it up for $2000, and its in decent condition. The kid that i bought it from thought it had a leaky head, but it turned out to be the coolant hose wasnt tightened all the way, so it would leak out. He didnt take much time to diagnose it because it was the first thing i found after starting it. Other than that the subframe is bent alittle, but thats common. The left radiator is bent in and the pipe had a hole in it and was bent up pretty good. My buddy sold me his stock pipe for $35 and the radiator doesnt leak, so i figured why replace it? Other than that, do you have anything i should look out for or any tips? Im new to honda, my old bike was a 97 yz 80, so your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

00CR125

Sep 9, 2002
Hey, yea when i got the bike, i cleaned the carb and air filter, the carb wasnt bad, no vizable grit or anything. But the air filter... maaan, i had to clean it twice to get it all out. Oh, i dont know if everyone knows this or not, but when i clean air filters, i spray the cleaner on the outside, then turn it inside out spray it on, let it sit, and wash it out with warm water. But anyways, I went riding with a buddy of mine, he has a 01 yz 250. and it ran like a top. im going to rebuild the top end, so i know its fresh, and lube it and everything. Anyone else have any suggestions?? Thanks again

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
before you redo the top end for sh!ts and giggles do a compression test, if it's a decent reading don't even waste your time. Have fun with your new 125 :thumb:

00CR125

Sep 9, 2002
What should the compression be at?? I tested it, but i dont remember what it was. It didnt seem too bad, if i had to guess, id say about 120lbs?? But that is just a guess.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Nice bike you'll really enjoy it, it has a killer midrange power and the suspension is great, have fun dont kill yourself lol

btw both my rads are bent but they do the job fine no overheating..lata.

00CR125

Sep 9, 2002
I retested my compression yesterday, and it was at 155. But... The bike wont idle when hot, and it doesnt like to start. When its cold, it starts first kick, no choke and idles fine. Also, when im riding and going through the gears, it doesnt want to wind all the way out, it kinda sputters alittle bit at the very top. Think i need a new piston and ring? or is it jetting? Thanks for the help

00CR125

Sep 9, 2002
Alright... I got it to idle yesterday, took it out to my buddys track. It starts first kick, no choke at all. And idles high for a bit then idles down. After warming it up and riding a few laps, i played with the idle adjustment, and air screw. I got it to idle nice when hot. But it starts second kick, and you have to give it about 1/2 throttle... What is this??? If you could help me out, that would be grrrrreeeeeat. Thanks

Top Bottom