MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Just a few of the folks that I finally got to meet (new friends only) and visit with. I enjoyed ALL of you and can't wait to see you ALL again.

Randy , Elk, Natalie, Milk, Tony Eeds, TxBigGuy, Todd & Family, MotoMetal, Rooster, FatherAndSon, Fred T and everyone in the Michigan camp, Bill & Denise, Wes, Solo, Jenny, KTMKyd, DanMan, Patrick, Justin and some other Heartland spodes that I didn't already know. A LOT more that I will add here as my memory allows.

Great folks every single one.

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks for everything Eddy, you cooked up a storm there and marked some great trails. Good meeting you finally, see you soon I hope.;)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I second that emotion!

Eddie, if you get down this way, we can ride anytime you want and you and Amy have a place to stay. :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Lots of new faces this year. :thumb:
I finally met:

Firecracker22 (Woohoo!)

Blackhawk (She's exactly the opposite of what I expected. I figured she would be all quiet and stuff. WTF is Schmeckle?)

GETMETOCA (Thanks for the vino. Next time you're in Bham, we'll have to open it.) ;)

Elk (Looks JUST LIKE his avatar)

Thumbs (Tony the Rat)

Bundy (What are you? Eight feet tall?)

Zio (Got the dent in his head fixed. A nice, quiet guy.)

Vintage D (Exactly like I imagined he would be. Funny, cool, weird accent, weirder bikes)

Fe_ Princess (Thanks for the chat.)

SFO (What a cool, talented guy.)

Twinspar (Also exactly like I thought he would be.)

Milk (Dirtweek Logistics Coordinator and DRN Liasion)

. . .and to the rest of you guys: Thanks for making the last week a really good one. I had a blast. When's the next one?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Eddie and Aimee - great to meet you both, I am hoping you'll fly out here to CA where your new and old friends can hook you up with bikes and we can have a big get together shin dig thingy. You are both awsome peeps!!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I second that emotion!

I'll third it!

It was great experience and one that I could never forget. It was very cool to put even more faces to the Screen names. I just sucks that I have to be back at work today :(

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser

Vintage D (Exactly like I imagined he would be. Funny, cool, weird accent, weirder bikes)

Am I the only one that didn't notice VD had an accent???

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by slo' mo

Am I the only one that didn't notice VD had an accent???

Nope. I was too busy munching on those chips and salsa to be able to hear an accent.

VD.... Don't forget to post a link to the site that has that exceptional Green Chile Salsa!!!! :)

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
Eddie and Aimee - great to meet you both, I am hoping you'll fly out here to CA where your new and old friends can hook you up with bikes and we can have a big get together shin dig thingy. You are both awsome peeps!!

Reno ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by TwinSpar

Nope. I was too busy munching on those chips and salsa to be able to hear an accent.

VD.... Don't forget to post a link to the site that has that exceptional Green Chile Salsa!!!! :)
Here it is now: http://www.elpinto.com
Click on the "order chile and salsa" link. The kind you guys were eating was the hot green chile sauce, not salsa.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Kidding on the accent. He had plenty of Transylvanian hardware around though. :cool: I wish I had spent more time hangiing out with various groups. The week was gone entirely too quickly.

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Ditto that JP, I spent waaaaaay too much time cooking for the boys, should have given them a $10, sent them to the stand, and walked around begging for myself. :)

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
My list:

Eddie & Aimee GREAT People and friends

Natalie There should be more people in the world like this special one.

Thumbs Always a smile unless he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, thanks for loaning me the axle nut.

Big Lou Just what I imagined a great guy.

Firecracker22 Always riding and smiling. Someone I can talk to about anything.

Elk Hare scramble partner and one cool guy. Sorry I let you down on the race.

Bundy Crazy fast in the trees. Your are my new riding idol for real world guys like us DRNers.

Sarge I can't even begin.... always a riot.

Heartland guys! OKKXer, BSwift, Justql, Dwreck and all.... perfect hosts wanting to make sure we all had a good time in their backyard.

Pokie and Shiftless Hearts of gold!

There are more than I could even name.... whew! What will I do next year.

Last edited:

colem

Mod Ban
Sep 29, 2002
it was great meeting everyone! great to put faces to the names. especially elkster LOL! hope to see everyone again at dw03!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
DirtWeek was all I imagined it and more. Just like everyone said, putting faces to names was wonderful. Some looked like I imagined, some didn't; all are wonderful people.

Motohead00--Thank you so much for all you did for me. I had great fun riding your CR and following you through the woods and generally pestering you all week. Chivalry isn't dead.

Julius Pleaser--you're so much quieter than I would have guessed! Still great fun to talk to, and thank you also for the laps I took on your 250F.

Elk, Sarge, Milk, and everyone else who was the life of the party--You guys are hilarious!

Bundy--It was great watching you ride and helping clear trails.

Natalie and Denise--I enjoyed talking with you as much as I knew I would. Moto-chicks rule!

Wendy--You are very determined and courageous, and a great hare scramble parter. Let's do it again next year. Wanna ride the CR this time?

Sara--Good talking to you too, all of us moto gals seem to have such a similar outlook on things it's almost like finding a lost sister to talk to you all.

Thumbs--you're a great guy to talk to and always so upbeat. Like Randy said, always a smile.

Heartland spodes--In addition to all of your hard work, you're also awesome cooks. Yum!

380excman--Good seeing you again, we're 10 hours apart but more neighbors than anyone else there. Do you ever NOT smile?

Jeff Gilbert, Jaybird, Rooster, and all the other musical spodes--good job!

Wow, too many more to list.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
There are too many names to list!
What a great time meeting new friends as well as seeing old friends.

I can't believe that I didn't get to meet Papakeith last year, but I am sure glad to have made the mans aquaintence this year...a fine individual.

Ivan, it meant alot to me that you made a special effort to meet me before you had to leave, even though our visit was brief I'm can tell that we would have mucho in comman besides the obvious from here on the board.

Elk, I knew you were gonna be a fine fella...any future smak talkers better beware that you are one fast mutha!

Jeff Gilbert, a very special thanks for bringing your equipment and your friendly disposition. You are a fine Texan indeed!

Blackhawk, Hon, you are so very sweet. You should be an inspiration to all of us who ride. In the face of adversity you give it your all! Your 110% spirit should be copied by us all in everything we do.

Speaking of Texans....Camp Tejas was loaded with fine folks! Y'all rock!

SFO, A man after my own heart....sharper than a tack, and a JB lover to boot!
btw...I will never forget when you were talking to me and TxBigguy and got down on your knees so you would be eye level with us....LOL Wayyy too funny!

GETMETOCA, what a nice individual! Nat, you are absolutely a great gal and as sweet as Tupelo honey! (just trust that that is a good thing...LOL)

TxBigguy, I found a special connection with you, being we were both bigger dudes riding 125's (well...bigger than our suspensions liked anywho!). Don't ever change my friend!

Tony, I wish for you nothing but the best of luck in all of your business endeavors! You deserve it.

Slo'Mo' , you and your son are fine men. I look forward to meeting y'all again!
Heal up real soon, No!

motohead00, It's always a priveledge to meet brothers. Continue your fine service to man in your travels. You help to light the world!

Brownie, It was very inspiring to see you work hard and play hard. You were a class host and your efforts will never be forgotten! BigTime thanks!

I'm certain that I will remember some other great persons that I met for the first time that I will want to list, but I'm not sure there is enough bandwidth for all of it!

Thanks to all for making the event one I will never forget! It was great to see folks that I have met and ridden with in the past.
This year's event was one for the history books and if we top it next year I will certainly be surprized!

Bob, thanks for all that you do...don't ever change! (you may want to get a bit faster, but other than that.... :debil: )

Gomer, You have to be one of the best fellas on God's green. You have a wonderful family and I wish the very best for all of you!

Billy, thanks for giving us all a great show each time you hit the track. And as always your disposition is a top notch, class act!

Last, but certainly not least, a special thanks for Pokie and Shiftless...you two are wonderful parents and I think I can speak for all of us when I say we are proud to have you for a Mom and Pop! (Big Hugs)

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Wow, I just don`t know where to start on this one. Meet sooooo many new and even nicer people that I just dont where to start.

Motohead00... or should I say Boudan man! After only a few minutes it seemed like I had known you all my life. You are a bitchen rider and just an all around good guy!

Sarge..... You are Da Man! I have never met a funnier guy anywhere. I havent had gut busting laughs like that in years. This guy pays homage to you..... :worship: ! Allthough our philosophies vary on proper tent etiquite.

Milk, same as Sarge, you guys are never at a loss for one liners. Next time the "moon" comes out at night, make sure that all the pimples have been taken care of would ya!

Fred T, Father and Son, Michman, Cannondale Doug and the whole Michigan Mafia crew. You guys rock! Cant wait to get up there and do someblasting around in the Michigan woods with ya. That ride at the 500 was epic! Thanks for taking me. Also thanks for sharing your shade and leftovers with me!

GETMETOCA... Thanks for all the offers of support after my tree trimming incident. Hope you like that new 250RFS. See you at Reno.

BigLou....You are just a big man with an even bigger heart! If i ever make it out to ride with Eddie and Aimee well have to plan a big event and get all you guys involved.

Blackhawk.... Go get em girl! Proud to share a camp fire with you anytime!

Timr..... Small world isnt it. We will difenitly hook up next time I go to visit my parents. Do some Camp Shelby riding!

Smitty..... even though you dogged me in the A mx race, I still like you man! Great sense of humor and a good rider too!

The whole Tejas crew, Txbiguy, Tony, Danman and all the rest. thanks for the hospitality! See you all next year!

And there where so many others that I only got to spend a couple of minutes with, But all very nice people! They very spirit of DRN was well represented at DW02!

Cant wait till next year! if I missed anyone, sorry, its just that you meet so many nice people there is no way you could remember them all.

bundy

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I promise you, there is not one pimple on this pristene ass my friend. :) Check it out a bit harder next time!!

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Milk,
All I know was that I saw a blinding white reflection off to my left and when i looked over there was a dark spot in the middle and.........wait a minute i know what that was.........uuuuugggghhhhhh! the chocalate starfish! Oh man I am gonna be sick now! :uh:

Oh yeah I almost forgot ...

mikeb and his partner, whom I just cant remember his name right now. You where cracking me up with your little :worship: thing during the HS race.

Bswift, thanks for the showers and that ride on your 450F. :thumb:

thanks everyone.
bundy

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I was told my eyes are green.........who'd a thunk it...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by mxbundy
Milk .... the chocalate starfish ....
:scream:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom