rockfordf17

Mar 24, 2003
Hi guys! whats up. I have a Cr 125 that I got an awesome deal on.. So awesome in fact, that i just realized im not sure on what year it is.. (i forgot :()

I believe its somewhere around 89-91 or so. (orange-ish plastic). Anyhow, when we got the bike, it was already outfitted with an FMF gold series pipe and silencer. It also has FMF side covers, so it may have some reeds or other things done to it as well.. not sure.

The only thing that i dont like is the way the suspension is set up for where i ride. I konw its a motocross bike.. and its supposed to be stiff. BUT, where i ride (powerline trails...and enduro type trails), is soo rocky..its hell on wheels to ride that thing up there. If i could just figure out how to adjust the forks to suit my taste. But i dont wanna mess with them until i understand them.:)

On the top of each fork, there is a valvestem like the ones found on tires. I would assume that to make them softer and less punishing i should let some air out. Also, i dont know how to adjust rebound damping etc..

Any help here is appreciated..

P.S also, is there any way to make the monoshock lower? What effect would that have on the suspension?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Depending on the year it could cost a small amount to fix or a large amount.The 90 wasnt a good year but the 91 was much improved.It will cost almost as much as the bike is worth to get it working well in the woods.Its alot of work to change it from mx to woods.

On the forks the valve is for letting air out(when its on a stand)-that makes your bike a 89 i think.I dont know if you have any adjusters on those forks.If you have one at the bottom of the leg you can turn it anticlockwise to soften the fork.On the shock you need to set the sag-do a search as this has been covered many times.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom