kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
hey i bought a new to me 92' kx500 a few weeks back. The guy i bought it from told me it had a big bore kit in it but had no idea what size or who made it. Whats out there for big bore kits? is there a way to tell what it is? Also it came with a fmf fatty pipe... didnt know that you could ever get those for a 500!? Ive riddin it about 2 hours on a new pirreli 90x19x110 on dirt and the tire is allready about used up :bang: :rotfl: . What tire out there is most resistant to wear and will stand up to this beast?

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I love my Michelin Starcross MH3. I've had it on three major trips in mostly rock settings, and it hasn't chunked at all. It has been my favorite tire to this date. You might be able to fit a 90.19.120 on the rear end, and that could help you hook up a little more and last a little longer but won't lean into turns as well, but if you aren't riding mx it shouldn't even be noticeable. Sorry, but the other questions I won't be any help on...

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
yea ive heard that was a good tire... should buy one probably a 120 any one know about the bore kit? or the pipe?

Jun 28, 2006
kdx175 said:
hey i bought a new to me 92' kx500 a few weeks back. The guy i bought it from told me it had a big bore kit in it but had no idea what size or who made it. Whats out there for big bore kits? is there a way to tell what it is? Also it came with a fmf fatty pipe... didnt know that you could ever get those for a 500!? Ive riddin it about 2 hours on a new pirreli 90x19x110 on dirt and the tire is allready about used up :bang: :rotfl: . What tire out there is most resistant to wear and will stand up to this beast?

The most common big bore kit is the 520 (88 mm piston, stock was 86 mm). Their is a 540 kit and a few others but the 520 is most common. FMF quit making the fatty pipe for the kx500. The only pipe they offer now is the gnarly pipe (woods and desert). The Maxxis IT holds up great on the 500's, Maybe not the best tire but it wears like iron. Check out kxrider.com

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I have a 520 kit on mine and an FMF Burly pipe. Must be an old pipe, I've never seen one elsewhere. I also run a Maxxis tire.

Top Bottom