New look for my 09

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Dressed up the 2009 with a fresh look for this season, Troy and I actually got matching graphics just haven't finished putting his stuff on.

Don't have any real sponsors but do have a lot of friends who are great people and treat me well so I figured they'd get some love on this years bike.

Here's a quick sneak peek before I get more time and better lighting to do it up right.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Very nice Doug that is a great looking bike but where is the monster M?
I just finished with Spiders 09 as well. His primary sponsor is TeamVRM.com and they came through with a new Dr D exhaust to replace his banged up stocker so they got top billing. Saved me some $$ running their graphics with a couple of his special sponsors added on

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
Very nice Doug that is a great looking bike but where is the monster M?

That is exactly why I spent the cash to make my own, you can not get Kawi graphics without that freakin green claw on them anywhere. I'm hoping the graphics will generate some talk and hopefully some business for Eric and Jer from outside their normal markets.

Eric's bikes are looking good! Hey Dave while I have your attention check out my Memorial day thread.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Very cool Doug. I'll make sure and point Eric to this thread so he can check it out. I'm sure he and Jer will appreciate the support.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
did you design it from scratch or was the background a stock one? I really like the way everything works together.

BTW does that ever go on dirt? Wish any of our bikes could get that clean again. After the harescrambles 2 weeks ago there was so much mud on the bike I could not lift it onto the stand to wash it. I ended up just laying it down and powerwashing for almost 45 minutes. Next day when I took it off the stand to change the oil big chunks of dried mud fell off of it.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
That is the Decal Works T-6 Kit, has a basic design and then you customize the colors and logo's. We were really happy with how they turned out. Other than Eric and Jer's logo's Transcanada Motorsports is a great Kawi dealer up here who treats us well so we got him on the bike as well. After that the rear fender and airbox we just added in logo's of products we use to complete the look.

As far as clean to be fair this bike only has 6.9 hours on it. This was the new 450 I bought last fall when we sold Troy's 250F and he kept my original 450.

Check the fancy clutch cover, the Rekluse EXP clutch hiding inside there is SWEET! I love it and can't imagine going back after less than 7 hours use.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I can't stop laughing about the Rekluse comment...I remember the days when I was ridiculed to the nth degree for running anything like a rekluse...no matter what model. I started running them in 04 and have not had a bike since then without some sort of a rekluse product in it, be it the standard, the pro or the EXP!!!
It's the slickest and best single aftermarket product one can add to a bike if...you are old(er) and wise(r) :) after some suspension work and an EG mmotor of course....

Awesome looking bike!!!!

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Very nice Doug! Can you get them with out the oem brand name? Vintage Bob

Anything you want Bob, every word/logo on that bike is there because I asked for it to be there.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Very nice. Pretty bikes are a distant memory to me. I gave up after a couple years of riding enduro's.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Good job Doug. Looks great. :cool:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Beautiful - and sooo clean! Canada eh? 11 months of winter and 1 month of poor sledding, he he.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Uchytil said:
Beautiful - and sooo clean! Canada eh? 11 months of winter and 1 month of poor sledding, he he.

A common misconception, it's actually 10 months of winter, 1 month of poor sledding and 1 month of mosquito breeding.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…