Elton

Mar 24, 2007
hi everyone as you can see im new heres my problem i have a 2000 yamaha tt-r 225 i had to replace the starter relay by the battery i bought the cheapest one i could find i had to cut off the connector on both of them and used the connector from the old relay with the new l the old one has a blue and a red wire and the new one has a green and a yellow wire i tried wiring it a few different ways and it wont start it dont make any sounds also if you have pics of the stock set up that would be great

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the General Bike Repair forum so it will get more views.

Grab a spot on the couch, crank up a new post here and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Do have access to a multimeter? Without a wiring diagram you will need a meter. Disconnect the relay. Meter DC voltage on the blue to red wire when you press the start button. If there is no voltage, check each wire to the frame, again when you press the start button. You are looking for 12-13.5 VDC. If you do not get voltage, check the battery.
The relay energizes when you press the start button, the big terminals become "shorted" to gether to send power to your starter.

Top Bottom