New MX version of CRF150R????

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's designed to race in a mini class, it has a mini-sized wheels and it uses a CR85 frame and suspension so it's a mini as far as these forums are concerned. ;)

If CRF150R and the upcoming bike from Yamaha generate enough interest out here, it's logical that we might build a specific forum for them.

Either way it appears that Honda built the new CRF150R with steel valves which would imply more conservative valve timing than they could have used, and maybe a nod to reliability as a higher priority. I guess it remains to be seen what the future holds.

I have a CRF150R coming from Service Honda that I'll be ripping apart to see if some of the important questions can be answered before people start breaking parts.

Stay tuned, it should be getting interesting in here. ;)

Last edited:

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Rich Rohrich said:
It's designed to race in a mini class, it has a mini-sized wheels and it uses a CR85 frame and suspension so it's a mini as far as these forums are concerned. ;)

If CRF150R and the upcoming bike from Yamaha generate enough interest out here, it's logical that we might build a specific forum for them.

Either way it appears that Honda built the new CRF150R with steel valves which would imply more conservative valve timing than they could have used, and maybe a nod to reliability as a higher priority. I guess it remains to be seen what the future holds.

I have a CRF150R coming from Service Honda that I'll be ripping apart to see if some of the important questions can be answered before people start breaking parts.

Stay tuned, it should be getting interesting in here. ;)

COOL!!!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Chili said:
. . . this may bankrupt Honda if these things are going to grenade at the intervals I expect them too.
Chili, don't hide from your feelings!

embrace change, mi amigos.

Aug 19, 2007
I'm also short around 5'5", 5'6" and have been looking at 250Fs not to race but aggressive trail ride and ride with friends. I also do quite a bit of jumping and my TTR 230 just doest quite cut it, but after sitting on a KX250F and a CRF250R I thought they were to tall for me so I started looking at the the 150R Expert and really like how it fits me and correct me if Im wrong but Ive heard that the 150 is quite the ripper. I think an aluminum frame would be awesome. I would also like to see a blue or green 150 too. ;)

Top Bottom