kdxdude

May 19, 2001
I've been hearing some talk about a new KDX up Kawi's sleeve for 2002. Something bigger in cc's ? OR are these people just blowing smoke ? I love my 00 220. i'm a converted 4 stroke nut. I't was quite difficult to ride fast in tight trails with a 600!

Anyhow, back to the smoke. Has anyone herd anything or is it just rumors? Kawi is not leading onto anything. OR are they only going to have Bold New Graphics...

It's hard to improve on something real good.

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
we can wish for a KDX 300, but the only news ive heard about this is just us KDXers here talking about our dream bike, but kaw is going to have to do something to keep up, just about everyone else has introduced a new woods bike, they gotta be loosing sales to the other companies, the price of the kdx is what keeps it competitive, but its the same design since 95 and needs updated.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
So far all I've heard is the 200 and 220 remain unchanged for 2002:( As far as anything new, there will be no word until the dealers meeting in the fall

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
I asked this same question several months ago and nobody thought they were going to do anything. I never paid any attention to Kawasaki before but now that I own a Kawi (two actully) I have noticed that they don't move very fast in any segment to release new models. I guess because they are the smallest manufacturer it is more difficult for them? When they do release a new model it seems pretty troulble free like they did their homework before turning it out. You can't say that about some of the other new models that have arrived on the scene lately.

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
I wouldn't look for any big changes for the KDX. Look at it like this- is there any other bike which fits the same price range and features? Granted, the KDX is not a wild tiger compared to some other brand competition bikes, but the other bikes are more expensive, hyperactive, etc. The KDX fills a definite market niche.

The bottom line is that the KDX is good at what it is good at, which is a perky trail bike which can be improved with some mods, and Kawasaki sells a lot of them. If the bike continues to sell well, it'll probably remain unchanged.

RoadRunner

Oct 17, 1999
Maybe its unchanged because, like the KX500...it will be killed soon. I think kawasaki might be thinking of dropping the KDX instead of spending any more development money on it. 7 years is much longer than most dirtbikes go without a major facelift. Maybe they're just working on an updated KLX 300 of some kind to replace the KDX entirely. It's possible that the only two strokes kawasaki will support with r&d are the 125 and 250...Kinda like the WR250 (not the new diesel pig) and the RMX250 were abandoned. I wish I could get a 99 or so aussie wr250....that'd be one hell of a trailbike... *sigh*

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
I doubt Kawasaki would drop the KDX, they sell out of their production run every year. They would be more inclined to make a small change to the KDX (2003) and develop a new four stroke. The Dealer meeting is in Sept. we'll see whats up then.

Top Bottom