bigpaul

Dec 15, 2008
Hello everyone, I'm Paul and I'm 32... I'm a volunteer firefighter/EMT and work as a EMT as my full time job.

I'm new to the whole dirt bike thing, but I've been riding the street since last year on a Yamaha R6S.. I just picked up a 2001 TT-R 225 for myself and a 2003 TT-R 90 for my nephew as a Christmas gift...

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Hey Paul,

You'll like dirtbiking. It's more relaxed because you don't have to worry about the other idiots on the road like you do on the street. It's a great sport and you'll find that the people involved are like one big family. The majority of the riders and their families will be willing to help you out in anyway they can. I'm from Canada and I've been riding pretty much my whole life both in the dirt and on the street. It's great for the kids too because it will teach them some responsability and boost their confidence. There's so much to do in this sport, motocross, trails, flat track, and the list goes on. Always think safty first and NEVER out ride your skill level. Welcome to the sport and enjoy !!! Kenny !!(aka sharky243)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Paul, Welcome! Where in PA are you? I plan on setting up a Spring ride in NE PA. Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/forumdisplay.php?f=75 for details as they arise. We are not to active this time of year but keep checking.

BTW, you would be good for the rest of us to have someone with your EMT skills to ride with ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
RM_guy said:
BTW, you would be good for the rest of us to have someone with your EMT skills to ride with ;)

Ditto that Dave! Seems like one of us chooses to have a little rock snack when we all get together, even if it is unloading the bikes in the parking lot with flip-flops on, eh Squeaky? :nener:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN. :)

Paul, hook up with these folks. They are some of the best on the planet!

topp

Mar 21, 2009
hey paul im live near pittsburgh, hard to find places to ride around here the "legal" ones are about an hour and a half to 2 hours away. Let me know if you want to go riding.

bigpaul

Dec 15, 2008
topp said:
hey paul im live near pittsburgh, hard to find places to ride around here the "legal" ones are about an hour and a half to 2 hours away. Let me know if you want to go riding.

Yeah that would be great!!! I really haven't had a chance to really ride anything including my street bike do to my work schedule currently... :bang:

Hopefully my schedule changes in June!!!

Top Bottom