atv2533

Jan 22, 2006
ive been riding a 250ex for a while now and decided i wanted to get a dirtbike. i never rode clutch before but heard its not hard to learn. but anyway. im a 14 y.o. girl, 5'4 about 155lbs and need help on choosing a first bike to learn on and that i will enjoy riding years to come. id rather a bike that i could sit on and touch both feet on the ground but one a little bigger would be okay too. thanks for the help :)

also i will mostly be riding on trail and long straight-a-ways most of the time.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
At your size how about a Yamaha TTR 125 OR 225 - one you could probably touch both feet and the other probably tip toes with both feet. . . These are nice trail bikes, but not motocross bikes.

If you're interested in MX I'd recommend a KX100 for your height and weight.

atv2533

Jan 22, 2006
i was looking into a yz85 but im not to sure because i tried riding my friends yz125 once with a lift and that didnt go over too well because it was way to big...do you think the yz85 is a good pick?

KDXJeff94

Jan 25, 2006
YZ85 is a probably a good bike
but if you are going to be doing more trail riding then i would recomend crf150/ 230, ttr225/230, xr200, or if you want something a little smaller a drx/klx/ttr 125.
These bikes are all more user friendly, less maintnences and a lot quiter if that would be an issue for you

hndarida4life

Jan 26, 2006
go with a 125 then u wont have to go selling your bike when its too small i weigh 125 and is 5'9 and got a cr 125 its perfect and you can even lower it if its un comfortable for you.

atv2533

Jan 22, 2006
well the thing is im most likely not gonna grow no more and i dont know any of the hieghts with any bikes because im not that familiar with them but anything that would be good for my height that you can upgrade when it does or if it would seem to start to be slow when i get used to it. i think i want to choose from these...xr 200. yz 85..ttr 125..or drz 125...

yz125223

Jan 30, 2006
if i were u i would go for a honda crf230, great trailbike, if u get a 2 stroke u have to worry about mixin gas and fouln plugs, 2 strokes were ment to be riden hard, and on the powerband a lot, a four stroke CRF230 would be a great bike for what youre looking to do, and u will also be able to touch the ground as well. lets no forget that it may be a little cheaper as well

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Judging by the description of the type of riding you plan on doing and your experience on the YZ 125 you rode I would recommend sticking with the TTR 125 or CRF 150. if you think you want a little more power or size I would then say lean towards the TTR 230 or CRF 230. These bikes are only a couple inches larger in seat hieght than the smaller displacement models and are roughly 60 pounds heavier, but they will provide you with a larger power base and will likely be more fun as your skills improve. Those bikes are going to be a much better size for you to master and have fun with since you dont think you will be getting any taller. A Motocross bike would not be a good fit for you based on the type of riding you plan to do. Since it sounds like you will be primarily play riding these bikes are the best bet for you.

Go check out the specs on the internet for the different bikes you are considering. Take into account weight and seat height and then narrow it down a little closer. Your next step at that point will be to go to the dealerships and sit on each model and see which one you like the best. But do the research on the internet first to compare and narrow it down to a couple then you will be more knowledgeable when you go to the dealership.

Top Bottom