eric311

Dec 21, 2008
I just got an 04 crf 450 and it needs a little work and I am new to this and need some advice. I am a little concerend anout the power and I am considering a (flywheel stealthey heavvey flywheel) Is this a good idea or eill it cause problems down the road?

Also I need valves, piston, left crankcase cover(JB weld) and tires. any sugestions on where and what to get

thanks all :coocoo:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
eric311 said:
I just got an 04 crf 450 and it needs a little work and I am new to this and need some advice. I am a little concerend anout the power and I am considering a (flywheel stealthey heavvey flywheel) Is this a good idea or eill it cause problems down the road?

Also I need valves, piston, left crankcase cover(JB weld) and tires. any sugestions on where and what to get

thanks all :coocoo:

I have an 10 oz flywheel weight for sale.

It mellows the hit a bit. But it's still a pretty powerful bike.

As for the valves, you might want to find a good local bike mechanic/machinist you can trust.

As for the piston and associated parts (rings, wrist pin, gaskets), Service Honda.. There's a link up on the left for them.

The covers on that bike are aluminum, so if you can have it welded, do that. It'll be better in the long run.

Where are you located?? Maybe if we knew that, someone on here might be able to suggest someone to do the valves for you.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
04 is a magnesium cover (believe that is the first year of it, if not it is 05)

your best bet is to just pony up and get a new one from honda.

you can use the 04-05 TRX 450 intake valves - steel. Pretty cheap. Be sure to get new springs. The stock exhaust valves are steel. But yeah, if it is over your head, pay someone to do the work.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Matt90GT said:
you can use the 04-05 TRX 450 intake valves - steel. Pretty cheap. Be sure to get new springs.

You can't use steel TRX intake valves with CRF intake valve springs new or old. The CRF intake valve springs are too light to be used with any steel valve and the CRF cam.

If you run steel valves you need a good set of aftermarket springs. The TRX steel valves cost about the same as quality stainless steel valves, so there is no good reason to run the TRX parts.

The subject has been covered pretty well in a few past threads :

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=96661
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=110529

Last edited:
Top Bottom