Lewis

Dec 18, 2007
hi guys got an rm 125 and my brother has a yz250 , we both learned to ride them last week and everything whent fine, except my brothers bike lost power after 2/3 hours in the revs and eventually stopped kickstarting, would bump start but then had no power at all, the same thing happend to mine 5 min later, have we fllooded them? if so how can we avoid this? had to walk them home in the end due to lack of power :bang: thanks

lewis

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
rpm12505 said:
Don't be offended, but one of you did put oil in the gas, didn't you :whoa:
If you did not have properly mixed fuel, you may have trashed both the top and bottom end of the engines. If the bikes each had some gas and you added fuel unmixed with 2 stroke oil, you would likely get the results you have discribed. The diluted oil would have been insufficient to lubricate the crank and wrist pin bearings causing extreme heat build up and ultimately, failure. This would be a costly mistake but nothing that can't be fixed.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
assuming that you mixed your fuel correctly, it sounds like you just fouled your plugs, go out and buy 3 or 4 for each bike, or clean the fouled ones with some gas(w/ or w/o premix) and a wire brush

Lewis

Dec 18, 2007
No , still not sure we both used the petrol that was in the bikes when purchased, we did shake them well and they had 2/3 hours of riding. going to get them sorted this weekend, am clueless with bike mechanics

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
So we could most likely bet the previous owner had properly mixed the fuel. Make sure you do next time you fill the tanks.

But yes if you guys are just putting around a little and the bike is jetted rich you could easily foul the plug. Swap them first thing, it should take care of you.

Top Bottom