MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
The NMA represents the Washington off road community in Olympia, publishes a great quarterly magazine and organizes three great off road series.

But only a small fraction of riders are members.

What is missing? What should be done to encourage increased membership?

You don't have to be nice in your answers.:yikes: If you have a beef we want to know what it is so it can be fixed. If you have new ideas that is great. Let it rip.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Good question MACE!

Number one for me is not knowing when my dues are due.

My family has a family membership with NMA but I can never remember if we are current on dues or not. I can never keep track of the last time I signed up.

What my local club has done is gone to a single yearly renewal date for all members. May 1 is the due date for all memberships but we let anyone that signed up after Jan 1 of the current year ride for the extra 4 months.

It has simplified the process both for the membership volunteer (me) and for the members. We send a notice out with our April newsletter, a reminder in May, then a notice that this is your last issue in June.

We used to do the membership renewals based upon the date of sign up but that seemed to make the membership volunteer's (my) job a year long job instead of a 3 month job.

Number two (and it's my own fault) but, being an Eastsider, I feel totally out of touch with the NMA (could be because I don't get the magazine anymore because my membership has lapsed again sometime earlier, my fault).

I'll have to sign us back up again and start getting the magazine again to make an intelligent comment but, it would be nice to have (if it isn't in the mag already) info concerning the East Side of the State and probably other areas of the state too. I realize that means those of us that are in these other areas need to get info to the magazine editor so looks like it comes back around to needing to be more involved.

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Yes, the twelve month rolling count is new. It is to encourage folks to join even if it is August instead of waiting for the new year. The new membership chair is going to send out reminders from now on. Look for it.

We also have the PayPal payment option on the web page.

I'd love to get more Eastside info in the OR, BTW.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom