bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Only Washington State Residents should send in their contact info but if you know a Washington State Resident that would like to sign up - send them the info below.
------------------------------

The ORV Rally yesterday was a huge success thanks to you! Those of you that were there obviously got your riding friends to attend. Those of you that could not attend obviously got others to attend for you. The Seattle TV News stations are reporting that the ORV users “gridlocked Olympia.”

One of the most amazing aspects was the speech by Senator Sheldon where he apologized to all the ORV users for ever putting the language in SB5089 which would have made it illegal to operate one’s own ORV within 600 feet of your own property line! He assured all of us that no anti-ORV legislation will become law this session.

Many of the speakers at yesterday’s Rally implored us to build on the activist base we have established with the Rally and to channel that energy into specific actions with the legislature, now and in the future. I have volunteered to work with the sign-up lists, the contact information we obtained via the active-offroader@lycos.com email, and every ORV contact from all the organizations involved in yesterday’s Rally to compile one database of the ORV user’s that have demonstrated a willingness to do something. There really are a lot of us!

I intend to work on the creation and maintenance of a database containing active ORV users by their respective representative(s) and senator. That way we will be able notify the specific constituents of the involved representatives, in both the House and the Senate, of our ORV related desires and concerns directly through their own personal constituents as we continue to watch the legislative actions in Olympia on a daily basis.

Senator Sheldon’s speech yesterday, making a direct and sincere apology to the entire off road community, was probably the most astounding thing I have ever seen happen in Olympia. It happened because his ORV user constituents spent the time to educate him! We all owe John Eaton, his friends and customers for this one!
I know that many of us do not have the time to review everything that is happening in Olympia every day the Legislature is in session. However, some ORV users and I already watch this every day as closely as we can by subscribing to the WA Legislative Responder Lists that show almost all the daily activity.

Just think how effective it would be to have a database of active ORV users indexed by Representative and Senator that could quickly be contacted via email or telephone, be informed of exactly what is happening, who is doing it and be given the suggested information for provision to their personal elected representative. We will hold real power in Olympia if we can build and maintain this type of network!

Email calls to action for people on this network will be limited to legislative ORV issues. Separate sub-categories for other common interests will be established for other non-ORV related issues as they come up which would include only those who desire to also be involved in those issues.

I have started work on this project but need your help to make it happen. I also know that many of us, me included, are reluctant to provide personal information to others via the internet. However, even I am willing to provide my email address – dhiatt@hpgmc.com, name – Dave Hiatt, and home (voting) zip code – 98443, to just about anyone.

Your preferred email address, name and home (voting) zip code are all we need to make this Constituent Legislative Online User Target (CLOUT) system work! We need CLOUT in Olympia!

Please take one easy step to help us do this.

Please email dhiatt@hpgmc.com
Subject: CLOUT
And just type in your name, home (voting) zip code and preferred
email address as text. (Must be a Washington State resident)

Those of us working on this will then work to get this system up and running.

Thank you,

Dave Hiatt – NMA Volunteer, TMC member, Blue Ribbon Coalition life member, NOC steering committee member and most importantly an active off road user who is sick and tired of us getting our butts kicked by those who want to destroy our sport!
Tacoma, WA

Top Bottom