no more pressure washing for me

mprest4

Nov 14, 2001
i didn't really believe the people that said they could wash their bike just as well with a garden hose and a brush but i am now a believer.

if you take the setup/put up time for using the pwasher into account i can actually get done faster with a hose, garden sprayer and a brush

just felt like sharing today....

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
I'm a believer too. I don't even use a brush. I rinse the bike off first getting the majority of dirt/mud off this way. Spray Simple Green on, let soak a few minutes and rinse again. It completely takes off the dirt film also. The absolute easiest way.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Soapy water, cotton towel, soft bristle brush, brake clean, and Mguires car wax
Lew

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Powdered laundry detergent & water (super concentrated), simple green, soft brush, couple of rags, brake cleaner, a steel brush, & the occasional wd-40.

Gives you a chance to look your bike over really good on a regular basis.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Simple Green, Mother's Chrome polish for the pipe, Armor All Tire Foam for the tires and plastic...... Tire foam seems to hide most of the scratches on the plastic..... You've gotta have a clean bike to go stare at don't you?? ;)

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
I'm lucky, the hose in my front yard puts out a huge volume of water. Right after the faucet taps into the main coming into the house there is a pressure limiter for the rest of the house so all the other faucets don't have near the volume. I can get my bike cleaner in half the time than a pressure washer can. I tried my friends pressure washer one time and said screw this, loaded my bike in the truck and washed it when I got home. I think it's the volume of water ya need to wash the stuff away, not the high pressure. What the water doesn't get off the cleaner will.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive considered borrowing one of the wife's shower caps to go over the brakes next time i go crazy with the wd40!

kdxme

Apr 7, 2002
anyone: does simple green harm graphics or stickers? Ive tried pro honda cleaner and it works great...just a little expensivge

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I live where it's very dry (as in no mud). Washed it w/ water once (about a year ago, no more). Rusty water came out of the frame. :scream: Now I use air pressure to blow off most of the dust, then a soft brush (dry), then finish w/ a damp cloth. Works GREAT! No water in bearings, or where it doesn't belong.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
it's not a show car ! what's next sewing tips ,where's the best place to get hair n nails done.70 marlin u said it .who shines the tires on a DIRT bike? jk guys i had to ;)lol.

nemoskid

Jul 15, 2002
If you ride hard enough the old dirt falls off all by itself so the fresh dirt has a place to hitch a ride

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…