No Offense, but...

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Doh! Found out!

Actually, we write back and forth a little, so now that his name has been brought up I hope he doesn't read this and get embarrassed . . . we're friends.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
"We're Friends" Hey Sharla ever seen the movie, 'When Harry Met Sally? If you haven't I'll tell you more.

I'm tellin' him to read this thread, you know we ride/race together regularly!:p

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
*groan* thanks, GSR, now I'm in for it!

Strick, be nice. Please. Take pity on a fellow KTM rider. How did he get my email, anyway? Did you have anything to do with that? :p

Even if Steve weren't so great, Reno is still a loooonnng way away from Seattle.

Reeko

Aug 9, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
It's only a matter of time before a post just like this one will show up on all the other boards. Mark my words.

You were right Okie, this thread was just posted on RMD (topic: Re: This has gone on long enough) by non other than Kali.

Hi Kali, you obviously read DRN every day, do you miss us?

It's funny how she allways has to drag DRN into RMD.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Originally posted by WoodsRider

Hey, I resemble that remark... OINK :scream:

Watch it Woodsy, your Ned Beatty is showing.... :p

DSsuper92

Mar 27, 2000
Since Kali was brought up in this thread don't you think she has a right to respond. Since she can't do it here she has to do it on RMD.

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
Hi Kali, you obviously read DRN every day, do you miss us?

If you were being badmouthed, wouldn't you try to defend yourself? Real mature.

Gee Rich, aren't you one of the ones telling people to drop the Kali issue and here you are prodding it along.

Rules only apply to the non-admin/moderators, didn't you know?

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
No offence but.....

has left the building?

what happened to No Offense, but...
...I think now Woodsracer.com is going out of its way to copy DRN.
Seems to me that due to lack of creativity they have decided to flat out copy DRN. I subscribed to it myself and got a PERSONAL MESSAGE advertising AVATARS and REFERRALS. Other than colors the site seems to be nearly identical to this one, though it doesn't have the same amount of traffic and sponsors.
When I initially joined I thought it would be cool to have a couple different places to hang out, I didn't realize that it was just another copy of this site.
My suggestion to Woodsracer: Come up with something original, copy cats are usually shortlived.

------------------------------------------------»
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

99sx250......mine
2000JR50.......son's

Edited by Wolf on 08-30-2001 at 02:33 PM

I know the author edited his post ....but its still the original topic

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Mully
Watch it Woodsy, your Ned Beatty is showing.... :p
Mully - I didn't squeal! :scream:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
opps, my mistake woodsy. I read your post again and realized it was a manly man oink and not a "Beatty" squeal. Sorry :confused:

Mully

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I generally try not to post my reasons for doing something, just opens the door for argument... but, against my better judgement; pull up a chair, it's a long one :scream:

Kali's beef is with me, not with the moderators. I made the decision to cut her off, they didn't. I do wish she had asked me why I did it instead of making up whatever sounds good; she enjoys her martyr status, I assure you...

I caved a LOT with respect to Kali, ONLY because she's female. We’ve been trying to make a place for women in the sport to post and didn’t want to lose any. Yup, that makes me a sexist. I went out of my way to smooth it all out in a way that I wouldn't have for a male member. That was a big mistake on my part, letting her fly-off the handle at other members who had the misfortune of disagreeing with some of her "technical facts". Others who have come here, representing themselves as experts, posting obviously incorrect info as fact, get SLAMMED. She on the other hand was given a lot of slack, yup, only because she is a she. You try to do the right thing, only to realize you are doing what “they” hate: being sexist, by trying not to be. And yes Kali, I got a LOT of hate mail with your name in the subject. One of these days, you’ll learn how to control yourself when someone disagrees with you and reply in a civilized manor.

Let me add, I understand you are a great person face to face and don’t doubt it, however, is my job to deal with the online personalities on my website.

The final straw involved the Amber pic I put on another part of the site. Poor abused Amber. Used by the sexist pigs to sell stuff. I can appreciate folks being sensitive to a picture of a bikini-clad woman used out of context, but didn't realize that a woman in a dress would get the same reaction. (My mistake, believe me, the female moderators & Scooter made me understand the error of my ways all too well). What followed was a tirade of crap about the pic and how demeaning it was, I removed it, then publicly & privately apologized for my error. Shortly after, I was directed to a Kali post, with something to the effect of "If I wear see-thru Sahara gear and a thong, It'll keep all the guys behind me, hahaha, <evil grin>". The TOTAL HYPROCACY of that statement coming from her REALLY lit my fuse. After taking a Kali beating for the Amber pic, that post did it for me. I was feeling pretty stupid for making such a childish mistake and then that statement from her. It seems that if Kali was the object of the male members imagination and not Amber, it was okay to be sexist. Her statement was far more sexist and visual than anything I would dare post.

Those are the reasons you were banned Kali. Some may think it was a non-issue, but there are some things that really piss me off. That was one of them.

As far as the DRN bashing on RMD, there are only a few folks who do it, gotta say I must be doing something right to get DRN SOOO far up Bob Mallard's backside LOL, (Hi Bob)... the guy spews a lot of imaginative stuff (yes I get over there from time to time). For someone with ZERO knowledge of what goes on here, what the “master plan” is, he sure likes to think he's got it figured out. Actually Bob, you give me way more credit than I deserve, I doubt I’m capable of devising a plan to rule the motorcycle world… I think the guy actually believes his own BS. One of his latest comments "Fact: DRN banned Kali for no good reason". Now he's got poor Kali to protect from the evil empire! A cause! :confused: . Had Bob heard both sides of the Kali thing? Nope. But ya know, if Kali is anti DRN, that's all Bobby needs, doesn’t matter if there is another side of the story. "Fact" ??... dude, you wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you. But please, keep up the posts; they make a fun read.

From what I gather, Bob’s biggest beef with DRN is that it’s a for profit web site. He seems to feel that everything should be free and no evil profit made…. I suppose that applies to doctors, educational institutions, basically anything that is for the good of the people? (Bob, I think they tried that somewhere, if I recall, it didn’t work). Until DRN is hosted in the Soviet Republic of America, DRN will do what’s necessary to cover costs. If the day comes that DRN actually turns a profit, so be it. Sue me.

Now I’m done with the Kali thing. Agree with my reasoning or not, that’s how it is. I won’t be commenting further. This is a message board for pete’s sake. I say we all get over it. Kali has plenty of places to post.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by firecracker22
*groan* thanks, GSR, now I'm in for it!

Strick, be nice. Please. Take pity on a fellow KTM rider. How did he get my email, anyway? Did you have anything to do with that? :p

Even if Steve weren't so great, Reno is still a loooonnng way away from Seattle.

Anyone else like the way she puts in a plug for the B/F, right after wondering how this mystery hunk got her e-mail address??? Because we all know he could read this thread, too, and she's gotta start bailing out. :p

btw- Me thinks Yamamoto was on the three count when he was posting.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
This is a message board for pete’s sake. I say we all get over it. Kali has plenty of places to post.
We, your loyal toadies, shall do as you say, EVIL EMPEROR!!!;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Clarification

Yanno, I never knew Kali had rattled so many cages. I jumped to her defense once, cuz it seemed like a dogpile to me. I never saw any of the BS that was going on in some of the forums. If I had known the whole story, I prolly would have kept my piehole shut.

I know ignorance is no excuse, but it's the only excuse I have.

I hate to see people fight. I hate to think that there is bad blood in the dirtbike world. I guess it's inevitable though.

I owe Longtime an apology. I apologized to him via PM, but I never did it out here. LT, I hope you'll forgive me for jumping you. I was out of place.

Now, where do I sign up to join the Evil Empire?

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
How come 3 .....

To be honest ....I was really hoping that this topic stayed as it was I am sure that if we wanted to regurgitate Kali we could find a thread still open with her on it....but I won't go there

Anyway DRN to me is the best darn site on the net ...and I was just hoping to keep the topic alive.

BTW ...I can have 4 before the floor ...

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Male members? :think .......

Can we say that?
:p

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Yeah Jaybird, I think thats pretty safe, heck FC22 told some guy in another thread that if he wasn't going to wear a helmet, he'd better wear a condom instead:eek:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999

From what I gather, Bob’s biggest beef with DRN is that it’s a for profit web site. He seems to feel that everything should be free and no evil profit made…. I suppose that applies to doctors, educational institutions, basically anything that is for the good of the people? (Bob, I think they tried that somewhere, if I recall, it didn’t work). Until DRN is hosted in the Soviet Republic of America, DRN will do what’s necessary to cover costs. If the day comes that DRN actually turns a profit, so be it. Sue me.

Okie, I feel pretty sure you can eventually rule the dirt rider world. You need to keep focused, and set realistic measurable goals.
Long live Capitalism!
;)

OMG!!!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by JPIVEY
Yeah Jaybird, I think thats pretty safe, heck FC22 told some guy in another thread that if he wasn't going to wear a helmet, he'd better wear a condom instead:eek:

Did I step over the line? :p I hope not. I should really try to act ladylike and demure. :confused:

Top Bottom