brian2372

Sep 12, 2005
has anyone else besides me had the no toil air filter system destroy the glue that holds your filter together?it wrecked two of mine one being a brand new uni and the other was a twin air that was older .a guy at the honda parts store said its a commen problem and to quit using it.he said the alchohol in it breaks down the glue after a few months

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I have been using Notoil for years now and have never had one of my filters fall apart altho I have heard of it happening- no particular brand. I have used Uni, twin air, billywho, and notoil brand filters. I use in exces of 2 gallons of their filter oil on about 10 filters each season for 2 or 3 bikes. We often clean then preoil all 10 filters at once so some of them are sittting with the oil soaking in them for a couple weeks at a time.
In the past Notoil has been pretty good about replacing filters with one of theirs but I haven't had much contact with them lately other then to use thier products

Last edited:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
If you use the search function you'll find a mutitude of threads concerning that product. I have not had that problem over 3 years on 2 filters used on one bike.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I have also been using the No-Toil without any problems. I use Twin Air filters, and usually get about 2 years out of each. At any given time I am rotating 2-3 filters into the mix.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I have been using No-Toil for about three years now. Like Oldguy, I have used every brand filter with the cleaning product. I had one filter (Uni), out of dozens, that had a problem with the glue at the filter/flange (base).

However, with that said, I can not attribute the separation to No-Toil.

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
My personal experience is purely positive over the past four years with OEM Gas Gas, OEM Kawasaki, OEM Yamaha, Twin Air and No Toil filters.

Top Bottom