no-toil air filters, anyone use one.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i cleaned the air filter one time on my new crf250r and i noticed the glue already came apart on the factory filter. i really like the no-toil system and i know you can only use it on certain filters like twin-air and no-toil filters but nobody around here stocks twin-air filters, i know of one place that has no-toil air filters but i thought i read somewhere once and i cant remember where that that the no-toil filters are not very good quality. what do you guys think, anyone use one?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The No-Toil filters are a two stage, one piece filter. The quality is good and they do seem to last. I use Twin-Air and Uni filters as well with the No-Toil system and haven't had any problems.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Lonewolf said:
i know of one place that has no-toil air filters but i thought i read somewhere once and i cant remember where that that the no-toil filters are not very good quality. what do you guys think, anyone use one?

Not very good quality??? I have been running the same No-Toil YZ filters in my bikes since 2001. Used them in my '01 YZ 125 (and Red's '01 YZ426) and still using them in my '03 YZ250F. I have always used the No-Toil system on them and, to this day, the filters still look like new after a cleaning (almost 4 years later). If I get a chance, I'll try to put a picture up this week. They are awesome stuff - I'd never use anything else.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks for resonding. i called around today and the dealer that used to sell no-toil products in my area does not carry it anymore. my choices are uni or white brotheres unless i want to mail order a no-toil at twin-air filter from somewhere, but i need a new filter asap for practice this week. i emailed uni and asked them if they had switched the glue theyt were using and if no-toil is ok to use on there filters but they tap danced around my question and basically said they only recommend using uni oil and that is all they said.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I remember hearing a while back of No-Toil replacing a falling apart Uni filter with their No-Toil filter.... might want to contact No-Toil and see if this is an option.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Try calling them direct-- says same day shipping.

http://www.onoffroad.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=NO-TOIL-AIR-FILTERS-AND-MAINTENCE

We've used No-Toil for many years and are very happy with it. Can't beat throwing a pile of dirty air filters into the washing machine, and pulling out clean filters 20 minutes later! :cool:

I did have a filter for my old KDX that fell apart shortly after I started using No-Toil on it-- but this was MANY years ago. They may have resolved this problem since then.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
As for the White Brother's filter, I believe it is made by TwinAir . . .

I ran No-Toil filters in the Earth Pig XR400, never skipped a beat. I'm also intrigued by these new Ready Filters (www.readyracing.com), but I wonder what the No-Toil treatment does to them (I had 2 Uni Filters come apart on me

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
No-Toil or Twin Air are the best filters hands-down. It's worth searching for the nearest dealer. I believe No-Toil will replace your damaged cheapie with one of thier own if you send them the damaged filter.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks for responding. the damaged filter i have is a factory honda filter, it only has one cleaning on it and the glue came apart, it had the factory filter oil on it and i was trying to get it out so i could use no-toil on it. i used to use no-toil products with a twin-air filter on my yamaha and never had a problem. it seems that no dealers around here ever have twin-air filters, only uni;s or white brothers. someone else also told me that the white brothers filter is made by twin-air, but i remember seeing in a catalog where it listed all the part numbers for the white brothers filters it said do not use no-toil products on these filters, i think it was in dennis kirk but im not 100% sure.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i found a no-toil dealer in my area and bought a no-toil filter. there was one honda dealer i forgot to call in my area and sure enough the had no-toil stuff. im really glad i found the right filter because i want to practice tomarrow and i didnt want to take a chance with the torn factory one and i didnt want to buy a filter that i couldnt use no-toil on because i really like the stuff.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom