May 23, 2007
howdy yall

my name's scott and i'm new to the site. my brother and i got a bike over the weekend that was given to us. I always wanted one.. just never pursued it anymore because my cousin raced when he was my age and has bout broke every bone in his body. We recived a 1988 DS80 2 stroke. Yellow with faded plastic,dirty,rusty pipe, frayed throttle cable, $60 seat cover and a $60 Zeus helmet. we put oil in the oil injection resivoir and kicked about 3 times.. filled with gas.. kicked again.. and fired right up. I would like to find some replacement parts soon because my dad told me that this winter when our "riding season " ends because we are back in school, we are going to rebuild it ground-up.

-Scott

trailrider822

Mar 14, 2007
heya scott. I got the same 1988 ds80 that a mechanic buddy is tryin to rebuild for me (cause he was the one who offered to). If he doesnt have any luck with it i will let you know, ill sell ya the parts.

May 23, 2007
trailrider822 said:
heya scott. I got the same 1988 ds80 that a mechanic buddy is tryin to rebuild for me (cause he was the one who offered to). If he doesnt have any luck with it i will let you know, ill sell ya the parts.

alrighty then

is the plastic in good condtion?
and the bike?.. is it in good condition?

or what would you sell me the whole bike for?

trailrider822

Mar 14, 2007
well, id say if my friend gets stumped on it and it would end up costing me more than 300 to repair, id let ya have the bike and parts for 200.00. It will be a while though before i find out if we can finish the job on it or not. i will certainly let you know.

ep1k

Jun 14, 2007
Have you tried **** yet for the parts? They have just about everything, Id check every other day and your local craigslist as well.

Top Bottom