Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx
August 7, 2003

Travis Pastrana Injures Knee Again

According to several sources down here at Loretta Lynn's Ranch, Travis Pastrana tweaked his knee again this week jumping into a foam pit back home in Annapolis, Maryland.

Pastrana, who is getting ready for the X Games freestyle competition next week in Los Angeles, hurt the same knee that knocked him out of the AMA/Chevy Trucks 250cc National MX Championships back in May.

The favorite to win X Games gold over the likes of Mike Metzger and Kenny Bartram, Travis still plans on competing if he's able to go.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
word is that he was practicing 360's. supposedly, he pancakes it and rotates 360 degrees. it will be incredible if he can pull it off.

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
He needs to sit on the couch and heal, stay away from the bikes for awhile. At this rate we will never see him on another starting line with dirt bikes.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by DPW
He needs to sit on the couch and heal, stay away from the bikes for awhile. At this rate we will never see him on another starting line with dirt bikes.
Unfortunatly I don't think he can heal anymore. He's got the knees of an old man. Knees that are worn out won't heal. :(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Too bad he doesn't use knee braces to ride. :ugg:

Pretty soon he's gonna need em just to walk. :( What a total waste of talent.

Ol'89r

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
Travis' is the most extreme example of talent and hard work coupled with a lack of focus that I've ever seen. He owes the sport nothing and he shouldn't feel he has to answer to anybody, but there's not a rider alive who can get away with the risks he routinely takes and walk away every time. A 20 year old with a 90 year old's body - it's just sad.

jfisher304

Nov 15, 1999
There was a video of him on the Alpinestars website a few days ago of him doing barrel rolls on his 125 into the foam pit.......wearing shorts a t-shirt and no helmet or boots......

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
this guy just cant go a month without getting hurt! i think i would take it easy after god knows how many injuries...

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes it needs to be.He has a column in a Brit mag-he owned up to the car accident but still maintains a deer ran out, In the UK he would have got himself thrown in prison for what he wrote as he owned upto speeding and wreakless driving.He makes some bad bad judgements.If i was the kids parents i would look to sue his ass-and i hate the sue culture.I like the idea of admitting to ones mistakes but i would never put it into print like he did.Well at least he can still use his legs-crappy as they are.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
Travis had his time and it seems to be over as far as SX-MX are concerned. To win a series you have to have a certain dedication and more importantly Health. I just don't worry myself with him anymore. I would rather appreciate the guys like Windam, RC, Bubba and other future hopefuls.

Travis can do anything he wants and does. None of us cannot say that he brought a lot of PR to our sport.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Really?? In the UK you can get thrown in JAIL for wreckless driving, just on admission that he did it? I can see tickets, fines, and points on license, but JAILTIME, for a 1st offense. Whoa.

Top Bottom