Jul 22, 2004
my bike has been sitting at my buddy's for about 2 1/2 weeks, and hasnt been started or anything....i brought it home today, and since i cant ride it, ive been taking everything apart and cleaning it. (i didnt touch the engine at all..just the plastics and stuff)i went to start it, just to hear the engine, and when ever i revved it, billows of smoke poured out of the exaust..and i know 2 strokes smoke a little more than 4 stroke, but this was just rediculus. it smellled bad too, it didnt have the 2 stroke smell to it.....is there somthing seriouslly wrong? (god i hope not) :bang:

oh and also i mix the gas 50:1, and the air filter was quite dirty, would that make a difference?? :think:

Deputy25

Jul 27, 2004
A restricted air filter could richen the mixture and cause a lot of smoking. My KDX could hide a tank battalion behind the cloud it produced. JasonWho and some others told me about the filter, and adjusting the air screw. My bike is not smoking any more than a normal 2-stroke 250 at 40:1, and is running great. :aj:

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
it sounds normal to me. my bike smokes like a mofo when It hasnt been running in a few days, but after its warmed up, it barely does at all.

Jul 22, 2004
alright cool..thanx...just makin sure sumthing wasnt seriouslly wrong in the motor..cuz its an old bike, ya never know

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Some of the fuel in the bowl will evaporate while the bike sits. Consaquently the mixture will get very rich. Oil does not evaporate.

Top Bottom